Where should I put my aftermarket BOV?

starscream5000

Senior VIP Member
Aug 23, 2006
Hot and Humid, KY
ABQMK2;920858 said:
I just ordered the Synapse BOV. I plan on using the stainless steel flange, unless I should put the HKS flange on it just in case I dont like it then I can switch right to the HKS.

If I recall correctly. The vid says you dont need to use the one on the side..just the 2 on the back...could be wrong, wouldnt be the 1st time. Do you have the 2 lines in the back run to a "T" then to a single to somehwere post TB? If you have a pic..could you post it?

When I get this installed..then I can dyno tune my supra...then I will give my opinion on it...wont be as good as some but it will be one.

thanks again to all who posted....Jake

That video is a little dated. It was advised to me, directly from the designer of the BOV, that the port on the side needs to be plumbed into a source of boost as close to the turbo as possible, preferably tee'd into the same line as the wastegate port (I however advise against that port as the vac. for the wastegate doesn't need to be shared with anything else, just to be safe ;)) for any vehicle running over 7psi (which will apply to all Supras).

Yes, the two on the back are tee'd and then connect to the original bypass valve vac port. the top one IIRC gets the direct fee and the bottom gets the tee'd section, but refer to your instruction manual when you get it to make sure.

No pictures are really needed as it's self explanatory ;).