Where does this wire plug in? Have an extra plug after BHG repair.

Guitarzan

Mar 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
I just finished head gasket repair and re-attached everything. Haven't got it started yet, though. I found this extra plug and need to know where it plugs in. Is on the bundle of wires above the intake manifold and looks like it either goes down through the hole between the 4th and 5th intake port or plugs into something on top of the manifold. The pics in the TSRM are really lame. I have an 89 Cressida. Not sure if there are any extra plugs and wires for the turbo option on the Supra. Please help!

Attachments

• Mystery Plug.jpg
    Mystery Plug.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 45

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Off the top of my head, it's an injector plug (probably the cold start injector if one of those) or it's supposed to go to one of the VSV's under the intake manifold.

Guitarzan

Mar 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
Ok, another question. If a vsv plug or a vacuum line is not connected that wouldn't prevent the car from starting would it? It cranked and ran only for a couple seconds the first crank after head gasket repair. Since then has only gotten worse. Any advice greatly appreciated.

Guitarzan

Mar 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
I suppose the exhaust cam could have moved a tooth though I felt like I had it back right. Would that shut the fuel pump down or something? A friend said that happened to him on his Camry. Can you elaborate on why you think it is timing. I thought it would sputter if timing was off.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
It will start and run like crap and then die and then it prolly wouldn't start after that.

What exactly does it do?

Guitarzan

Mar 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
it's just turning over but not firing. I thought that maybe it's not getting fuel. Though it did at first. I pulled the banjo bolt fuel lines off at the rail and fpr to make sure I had the holes lined up. It tried to run but acted like it was starving before. Now it just won't fire.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Holes lined up? The holes in the banjo bolt don't need to be lined up with anything.

Double check your cam and crank timing and verify that the cps is installed correctly.

Also check for stored codes.

charman02

Cruiser
Oct 14, 2008
Fresno
Yea, I'd check the timing, maybe CPS wasn't probably lined up when installing. I remember doing that one time and a local MKIII guy told me to check that and sure enough it was.

Guitarzan

Mar 23, 2014
Nashville, TN
Ok, just to update you guys. I think the reason it wouldn't run is because the junctions in the air intake tubing weren't buttoned down and was throwing off the MAF sensor. Once I tightened up everything it would start and run. The timing wasn't an issue. I had a lot of cracks in the rubber piece connecting the plastic inlet tube to the throttle body. Need to find a new one somewhere. For now I duct taped the crap out of it. Any leaks and it throws off the MAF sensor. Now it is throwing a 52 code so I need to find out where the knock sensor is. Any help there greatly appreciated. Thanks for all your input so far.