Where does this vacuum line go?

nofx230

Jan 24, 2012
Colorado
having a lil trouble figuring out where this goes, can any of you highly knowledgeable supra nuts help me out?vacuum_2h.gif

RiyadYar

Supramania Contributor
Nov 20, 2007
NY
if im not mistaken thats the aux air line that connects to the bypass valve or bov

Skeezix

Supradope
Dec 30, 2009
Regina, SK
RiyadYar;1834753 said:
if im not mistaken thats the aux air line that connects to the bypass valve or bov

Seems like a good call, I'm not running the factory lines anymore but from what I remember it went to the pipe attached to the front of 3000 pipe. In the diagram the line I'm talking about near the throttle body doesn't seem to have a line coming off it either. Only two on there missing a line.

nofx230

Jan 24, 2012
Colorado
yeah been scratching my head a lil on this one maybe tomorrow when i get back to the car ill figure it out

nofx230

Jan 24, 2012
Colorado
i don't have egr anymore but am trying to keep the fpu vsv on my car so thats the main reason I'm trying to figure out where that line goes

kakanator

Apr 25, 2010
Fresno, California, United States
I think it is the vac for the bov

p1834868_1.jpg

Skeezix

Supradope
Dec 30, 2009
Regina, SK
Yeah man that's totally it That stupid stock pipe/manifold thingy is fucked, that's why I built my own. But that line is definitely not for either vsv so good there

nofx230

Jan 24, 2012
Colorado
well the fpu vsv does tie into the line in question, i just want my stupid fpu hooked up is all, its one of the few things that is ACTUALLY going back on my car during the rebuild, regardless of how much iv been ridiculed lmao but its cool

nofx230

Jan 24, 2012
Colorado
the line comes out of the intake plenum and then I'm not sure maybe i just need to get my butt over to the car to look more, see if these pics help any
p1834924_1.gif

and
p1834924_2.jpg

the line in question is the one all the way to the right

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
I believe that's the line to the PS pump. Then there's the other one that goes to the accordion hose. It provides a bit of air (therefore higher RPM) when the PS is in use.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
No, the line all the way on the right goes to the EGR VSV. The open port looking at the camera goes to the hardline that runs in front of the block to the PS.

nofx230

Jan 24, 2012
Colorado
yeah car doesn't have PS or egr so i guess ill have to find a way of just hooking up the fpu vsv and throwing that vacuum spider in the parts box,
this damn car is a nightmare but very fun all at the same time, seeing its not my daily driver i don't mind spending time figuring this all out

Skeezix

Supradope
Dec 30, 2009
Regina, SK
I just put a 1-4 vacuum manifold off the intake. One runs to the fpu vsv then to the fpr, next goes to PS, other goes to BOV. 4th one is capped off and read my boost from the small nipple on the manifold by the firewall. Only vacuum lines on my car.

nofx230

Jan 24, 2012
Colorado
Skeezix;1835500 said:
I just put a 1-4 vacuum manifold off the intake. One runs to the fpu vsv then to the fpr, next goes to PS, other goes to BOV. 4th one is capped off and read my boost from the small nipple on the manifold by the firewall. Only vacuum lines on my car.

so bare with me for a sec this car is a mess and I'm still learning a bit can i supply vacuum to the fpu vsv from the nipple on the manifold 17344d then to my AFPR and call that ok and then for my BOV give that vacuum from the nipple on the manifold by the firewall and possibly put a T there for my for my boost gauge??? call me a jacka$$ but I'm learning and trying to simplify things as i don't have power steering,egr,charcoal canister or cruise control bout 90% of that crap was torn out of the car before i got it and do not wanna pay to hunt down all the parts

p1836336_1.gif

can i hook up my blow off valve vacuum line to this nipple, before it was T'd into the fpr
p1836336_2.jpg

Last edited:

Skeezix

Supradope
Dec 30, 2009
Regina, SK
FPU seems like you got it figured, not exactly sure about using the small nipple for the BOV I have mine off the same large one the front of the manifold where the FPU source is, Where that original tree thing went lol. the small one I use for my boost gauge and I believe the heater control valve is t'd into that as well. Pretty sure that's what was originally there.

nofx230

Jan 24, 2012
Colorado
Skeezix;1836467 said:
FPU seems like you got it figured, not exactly sure about using the small nipple for the BOV I have mine off the same large one the front of the manifold where the FPU source is, Where that original tree thing went lol. the small one I use for my boost gauge and I believe the heater control valve is t'd into that as well. Pretty sure that's what was originally there.

well the car originally had the bov tapped into the line going to the fpr and i thought that was a no-go, was just trying to give the bov a separate vacuum source, not sure if its needed or if it helps?

as for the mystery nipple i originally started the thread with i found this
http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?634452-Another-vacuum-line-question&