Where do you put all your stuff???

chriso

Supranian
Apr 5, 2005
Bay Area, CA
I have a '90, so for those of you who know, there isn't much room at all in the center console due to the air bag computer. Also, I will be modding my glove box to accomodate my controls such as a boost controller, turbo timer, possibly some additional gauges and SAFC-II.

Now I have no storage anywhere for my paperwork, sunglasses, CD's, and other miscellaneous items.

I hate having the inside of my car strewn with all kinds of crap so what do I do? What do you guys do?

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
i would "unmod" the glovebox and remove the electronics and put all my stuff in there... and mount your electronics/gauges elsewhere.

i intend to get a CF center console, and i'm ditching the ashtray, cigarette lighter, and the top din opening for the radio (will mount my stereo in the bottom one).... i'm going to hardwire my phone charger in the car.... my CF one will have everything blank except for hazards and a single lower radio din. this will give me tons of space to mount my electronics later on.

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
learn to work with fiberglass, get rid of your ashtray, put afc there, turbo timer under stereo... boost gauge on steering column... etc. rather than relocate your glove box stuff, relocate your goodies

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
KrZyV3 said:
Wait...there's nets on the back of your seats???? I NEVER knew that!!!
yeh... i've got a 87 too... i think it looks unatractive :-/ just my oppinion though... actually i've got the cloth drivers seat from the 87 in my 89 (and no passenger seat period) but i took the back panel off of the 89 leather seat (leather was ripped BADLY) and put it on the cloth seat simply because i hate the nets so much.

chriso

Supranian
Apr 5, 2005
Bay Area, CA
xarewhyayen said:
learn to work with fiberglass, get rid of your ashtray, put afc there, turbo timer under stereo... boost gauge on steering column... etc. rather than relocate your glove box stuff, relocate your goodies
I like that idea, but I don't want to advertise my goodies! These cars seem to be a target these days, especially here in Northern Mexico, oops, I meant Cali.

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
lol @ northern mexico... hahaha.. yeah i hear ya on the "advertising the goods", i live in philly so i know how that can get, Do they even look twice there if they see the alarm light blinking? Ive seen people put the turbo timer where the lap louver is ( the air vent under steering column by ur balls) and you could put your safc & boost controller under yourglove box too... wouldnt be very visable at night.. as for the gauge, you need that visable so take the risk on that one

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
i hate haven my storage all take up by gauges and compter's ect

so i just fuind littel home's for them around my car

americanjebus

Mr. Evergreen
Mar 30, 2005
wa.
thats what our tiney backseet is for, not big enough for humans but great for stuff behind passenger seat. and if you got stuff you dont want seen from outside the window its nice and dark backthere.