whats the best place for an aem coolant sensor?

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
Like the the title says what's the best place for a aem coolant sensor? I have a 2jzge and the intake maniflod is off right now so I have access to head and the radiator is being replaced with a koyo radiator and it has a bung already in it but I remember the 7m having about 5 coolant bungs in the thermostat housing so Idk if there was a better place on the 2jzge or replace the old ecu sensor or bore a hole in the head or Rad or the goofy looking thermostat housing? This is to run the ems a accurate coolant reading.

Funkycheeze

Grease Monkey
Jul 3, 2009
Calgary
Run it where the stock sensor goes. Either calibrate the unit to use the stock sensor (easy) or do some machine work to make the AEM sensor fit the stock port (hard)

up to you.

1986.5supra_kid

Rice? No its Corn (E85)
well the place i was going to have my car tuned at strongly encouraged me to use the aem coolant sensor. i already put it in the alum coolant neck thats up high on the motor. :/ would this have skewed results? 1lb of water does take 1 btu to heat so idk what kind of energy and cooling properties are in affect in that distance from ecu sensor to coolant neck.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
I put mine in the original location, didn't require anything special. Just an adapter from the OEM sized fitting to the new sensor. Works like a charm... I'll see if i can find the specs again i believe it was something like M18 1.5 to 3/8th npt but don't quote me on it