What's a good setup I can have without having to add an amp?

I have to also agree with GrimJack and Anthony. The best solution is using an amp to power the front speakers. I am pushing over 200W RMS into a 6.5 component set in custom speaker pods that replace the, IMO, useless map pockets at the bottom of the door. The pods are sealed and allowed me to move the 6.5 driver further front allowing me to reduce the difference in distance between the driver and passenger side. The tweeters are mounted just front of where the stock speakers used to be.

p872000_1.jpg

I took all the rear speakers out and am only using the front with a woofer in the trunk. Anthony can confirm that the sound is much much better than stock now.
When I first installed my Pioneer DVD in the dash, my stock front speakers did sound better than with the stock radio, but it was far from good. I had upgraded the rear seat speakers with Infinity 3.5 and I upgraded the far rear "box" with 4" "long throw" woofers, and I was very surprised with the amount of resonating bass those boxes can produce. It is not pounding bass, but were able to produce a 60hz note at a loud volume.
If you are going to put larger speakers in the front doors and not use a pod, make sure you insolate the front of the speaker from any openings close to it as you don't want any sound produced by the rear of the speaker to cancel the sound produced by the front. Make a wooden or plastic (solid) trim plate that would fill in the hole left by the original speaker pod.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
thelonerider said:
The pods are sealed and allowed me to move the 6.5 driver further front allowing me to reduce the difference in distance between the driver and passenger side. The tweeters are mounted just front of where the stock speakers used to be.

p872033_1.jpg

That looks very familiar to me. I did something similar, but left the 4" speaker alone, using the 6.5" only for midbass.
door1.jpg

This left me with a 3 way setup in the front. I also removed the rear speakers, as I found that it just makes the sound worse.

I sold off those map pocket pods some time ago to a fellow in Victoria BC. I've been meaning to get back on track with a new midbass solution, which I'm going to do fairly soon.