What standalone to use.

turbodriz

mk3 onwer
Feb 25, 2006
newyork....N.c
I am in the market looking for a standalone. I would love to have the aem but a little pricey on the pocket. So I started looking at the stinger. All I am really looking for in a standalone is antilag and open and closed loop function so that I only have to have one tune. Does the stinger offer this?

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
wait wait

so you are looking for a standalone that is not pricey to use antilag on a very pricey part (aka the TURBO)? If you can not afford a standalone and a tune, you will not be able to afford the price of running anti-lag as it will make short work of the turbo.

turbodriz

mk3 onwer
Feb 25, 2006
newyork....N.c
It is not that I am not looking to be cheap as i can be. Its just that I would rather try to get a standalone between 1,000$ and 1500$ hundred. The anti-lag is for drag race only not for show. I am quite aware of what it does to the turbo. The aem has alot of features and I am not quite sure if I will use them all. If I can get an aem in that price range than aem it will be. If not I would like a standalone that offers open and closed loop operation as well as anti-lag. There is a 2jzge-t using an 87 7mgte harness and cps.