What is the volume of the N/A gas tank?

Supraman

Mar 30, 2005
Sunnyvale
Just wondering how much the N/A gas tank holds; I suspect it is not the 18.5 gallon figure I've seen before (might have been the turbo). Does anyone know the exact figure? Year is 1992, although that's probably not important information.

Thanks,

-- Scott Goodson

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
this has been speculated on alot actually and we all know what the book says but that doesnt really match up with real life. the na and turbo gas tanks are the same im going to assume as they have the same shape, had to fit the same chassis in the same location and still keep the weight distribution correct. i myself have run it down as far as i dared (light came on on the gas guage) and it still only took around 16.5 gals.... :wtf: ?

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
you guys DO realize that there will ALWAYS Be about 2 gallons sloshing in the bottom of the tank that cannot be sucked up by the fuel pump pickup... right?

regardless of your car stalling out and the gas light on, there is still fuel in the tank.

and im willing to bet, a dry fill is easily 20 gallons, provided that you CAN overfill the tank past its full-mark on the guage.