What experiences have you had using your brake set-up (pads in specific)

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
you peaked my curiosity. A lot of people reported good initial bite, and low dust, as well as no noise.

2 reviews for PM b-force pads from supra owners (HPFeaks.com)

"Easy to install especially on single piece supra calipers, these brake pads give upgraded stopping power from stock. They do have to heat up a little before full stopping power is achieved. All in all once the heat is in them they are Very powerful."

"Just about as good as the old TRD brake pads. Great combo with Braided lines, and some powerslots!"

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
StopTech Street Performance pads on Brembo blanks for me. It's been a great low cost street option for me.

Dust: Moderate. Much more than stock pads, but not awful.
Noise: Quiet. I can't tell they're any louder than stock pads.
Braking: Work very well for the street. I haven't done a track day or driven incredibly hard on the street with them, but they've always worked very well. I've never noticed any fade.
Rotor "warp" or pad deposits: After 20k miles on the pads and 50k on the rotors everything is fine and dandy. No vibration from the brakes. It's been trouble free for years.

I'll buy the same setup again unless I opt for slotted rotors.

M73737339

1042385.jpg

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
I've used ebc red stuff and Trd carbon pads. Both I have liked a lot but the red stuff have a good amount of dust. Right now I'm using oem Toyota because of the very low dust amount.

Zazzn

l33t M0derat0r (On some other forum) n00blet here
Apr 1, 2005
Toronto/SF Bay area
So here's my experience 1-5 5 being higest

Stop
Noise
Dusting

HAWK HP+ on mustang cobra breaks - Very good stop power, a little grabby, noisy as hell, so bad that I'm in fact removing them for the sake of my ears. (strange because the pads on my mk4 didn't squeal nearly as bad, maybe there is a spacer needed on the cobra's that I didn't get?)

Porterfield RS4 - Nothing but good to say.. Had this on stock (still have them on my rears) always worked great

KVR - Hated them took for ever to break in and literally could not stop for the first 200 km

PBR - Worked really well, lapped with my aristo on these and didn't seem to fade! Warped my cheap rotors because the salty winters of canada

Project MU - On my IS-F seem to be pretty good, no fade lapping at sonoma (hard track on breaks) dust like hell no noise

About to try stoptech's as I just ordered from Rock auto.

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
I have/had OEM Rotors + AutoZone generic/crap pads.

Took the car out for a full day of AutoX, and they performed just fine, I was able to set off the ABS at will if I so desired. THEN, I took the car to Brainerd International Raceway for PowerCruise. After 1 1/2 laps of the track (which includes a haul down from triple digits on the straight), the brakes were a faded pulsating mess.

I purchased a set of Brembo Blanks & EBC RedStuff pads for the upcoming season. I'd love to go with something bigger and with more heat dissipation for the track, but hopefully these will be enough. I'm interested to see the responses here, since the Brembo/RedStuff combo seems like a popular choice.

emiliorescigno

Supramania Contributor
Sep 17, 2006
Woodbury, MN
Silver MK3;1987509 said:
Hmmm. I looked there and a few other places but didn't find them anywhere. I wonder if they have been discontinued?

I wouldn't be surprised. The rears were $17/each marked down from ~$60. Probably just clearing out their inventory...

MNBmk3T

Aug 2, 2011
Burnaby, BC
I had Brembo Blanks on the front before I switched over to slotted rotors. They worked great, but with my Akebono Ceramic Pads they faded like hell. Now, with my slotted rotors, nearly no fade after a spirited drive on a section of road where the brakes get worked a lot. I think with some braided lines and a master cylinder brace, it'll be perfect.