What does this plug in to?

fyrzabre

Nov 22, 2010
Montgomery, AL
I see this connector that isn't plugged in and I don't see any other connectors that aren't hooked up around this area. Next to firewall near brake master cylinder and intake. It is with the auto transmission connectors. I checked wiring diagrams but didn't see it. 1989 7MGTE with Auto transmission. IMAG1072.jpg

SupraTrbo89

Sep 21, 2006
West Chester, PA
I am not sure if the plug is white from the picture but that looks similar to the progressive power steering plug if your car has that option......it should plug in down near where the steering column connects to the rack and pinion at the nuckle

fyrzabre

Nov 22, 2010
Montgomery, AL
It isn't the PPS plug. I have that hooked up. It does look identical to it though. The only EGR plug I know about is to the VSV. So if there is another one that may be it.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
That could either go to the egr exhaust gas temp sensor. Which is only on Cali cars or a Cali harness. Or it is for the reverse lights but looks way to short.

What color wires does it have?

fyrzabre

Nov 22, 2010
Montgomery, AL
Ok I have an idea. Is it the Transmission fluid temp sensor? My car doesn't want to shift out of first when cold and I think these 2 issues may be related. The wire colors are (Black with yellow stripe) and (Brown with black spots). Side note; I don't think I have a temp sensor or the wires coming from it are tucked up somewhere or cut off. Previous owner.