What clutches are you guys using?

Stanmk3

Jul 2, 2007
Norway
I'm just about done with my rebuild on my 1990 turbo.And i need a clutch that will hole aprox 600-650 rwhp.I bought the ACT XTR4 extreme kit.but after abit more reading and researching i found out an unsprung disc is not what i wanted for my R154.

So i sold the disc that came with the kit,and put in a used TRD sprung one to start with.The problem occured when i was tigting the crank 260 nm,and the clutch slipped at 170 with the car in 1st gear,handbrake on,and a steel bar in the driveshaft to lock it.Looks like the trd disc was too thin.Im looking for a great quality sprung disc that will go with my ACT pressure plate,if that will hold.Or just a whole new kit

Any tips?

Cz.

CAR > FAMILY
Mar 31, 2005
Seattle, WA
I believe that ACT makes a 6 puck clutch that is sprung. Probably the best you're going to get with a single disc setup. I'm assuming you're going to be using the ACT extreme PP or whatever it's called?

Stanmk3

Jul 2, 2007
Norway
I do have the strongest pressure plate from ACT.But i got tired of the whole clutch mess,and ordered a spec super twin to be safe.So that should be sorted.I guess the next problem will be the R154.....