what car would it be if you were to settle in for a daily driver/cruiser car ??

Kai

That Limey Bastard
Staff member
Actually, as fuel approaches ridiculous prices here, old, retro cars, which don't have large engines, are being priced ridiculously. It's a case of most of them were either run into the ground, taken to a destruction derby, rusted away, crushed, broken down etc, so all the ones that are left, are commanding a premium.

Other cars i'd pick for a daily driver would be:

m3-90.jpg

Mk1 Ford Fiesta (1976-1982) XR2

Basically the SuperSports big brother, with the 1600 X-Flow, and round front spots instead of square...made about 95hp ish, i've always wanted one. Because it's an x-flow, parts are easily available for it, can tune these to 140hp+ normally aspirated, pretty good for an OHV lump designed in the 50's! :D

Then there's this:

51.jpg

Mk2 Ford Fiesta (1983-1989) XR2

Basically the same bodyshell underneath, but facelifted front end, rear reversing lights and newer tailgate. Engine updated to the 1600cc CVH engine, produced 95 hp out of the box with a single carb.

Can you tell i like old Fords? :p

mytmk3

Oct 16, 2007
christchurch
well I dont daily drive my supra because car theft is a huge problem were im from so my daily was a 92 nissan primera

p1760760_1.jpg

that got stolen from my drive on thursday night here is my new daily

p1760760_2.jpg

just picked it up last night so no better pics yet its no less likely of geting stolen than my supra and probly more likley than the primera but it just costs less thats all I can do other than razor blades under the door handles

frankindank

Sep 4, 2009
Vancouver, WA
Mine would definitely be a 78-79 toyota celica,
my brother and my dad have had several and
every one went way above 300 thousand miles!
and i think they look badass! But now a days
they are quite rare and they go fast.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Kai;1760738 said:
Can you tell i like old Fords? :p
So do us Yanks, but ours tend to be about 2x the length, definitely not build for European roads. :p

That said, most econo cars built anymore are built without the tossable fun that they used to be built with. It's not like EVERY American is fat and only has a car for point A to point B transportation... where's the fun???

mytmk3;1760760 said:
well I dont daily drive my supra because car theft is a huge problem were im from so my daily was a 92 nissan primera
Not to go too far off the original subject, but have you heard of the Brake-Lock? Err... Autolock, I guess is what they're called. I have one for each of my cars. Not very needed here in the middle of nowhere, but you'd be hard pressed to be able to drive a car with one that's in use. ;)

http://www.amazon.com/Unknown-The-U...FTHW/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1316631087&sr=8-5

frankindank;1760763 said:
Mine would definitely be a 78-79 toyota celica,
my brother and my dad have had several and
every one went way above 300 thousand miles!
and i think they look badass! But now a days
they are quite rare and they go fast.

78, yes. 79, no. I had a 1979, was a nice, plush, comfortable, slow old man car. I even named it "Ojii-san" (Japanese for "old man"). Looked like a turd, drove like a turd, but it was nearly mint and cost me all of $375, maybe 400, I forget. 78 though... yes. Very much yes.