What Can I Expect...

Saavedro88

Jan 26, 2007
Richmond VA
...to happen to my 88 Civic that got left out in the rain for two days (NOT BY ME!!) with no hood.

Is there anything I can do to prevent any kind of rust or anything? I've never had this experience before and just want to know what I should do or what to expect...

Merlyn

Mar 9, 2007
Maryland
Saavedro88;931271 said:
...to happen to my 88 Civic that got left out in the rain for two days (NOT BY ME!!) with no hood.

Is there anything I can do to prevent any kind of rust or anything? I've never had this experience before and just want to know what I should do or what to expect...

You will have surface rust on a lot of the parts... I would dry the motor out (spark plugs area, any wiring area etc) before turning it on and clean up as much of the surface rust as you can. No long term damage should occur as long as you dry everything up. I have worked on a car in the rain with no hood on and all electrical areas were fine, just surface rust.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
possibly...

I'd personally use a lot of WD-40 (it actually stands for Water Displacing) to get the water out of areas it doesn't belong...

You'd be surprised how well things are really sealed from the factory though, I doubt anything will be wrong with it...