what BOV? (CT26-57 trim)

TBS

Feb 3, 2011
Oslo
Hey!
I just got my ct26-57 trim from Driftmotion (thanks for fast handling and excellent service!!!)
My current bov doesent seem to hold up when I'm turning the boost up against 0,9-1 bar, then it makes an kind of strange coughing sound. (unknown brand)
I'm aiming on about 350whp, so what kind of bov should i go for?

thanks in advance

Tim

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Bosch can be fitted with hard pipes.

Any bov will work. Basically pick your sound. Some work better than others tho.

For example, A lot of people run the hks. I hate the hks and think its total rice. If i didnt have my greddy id run a tial.

Youtube is your friend.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
All depends. Im seeing that more and more now.

Ive been venting and never had a stalling issue. I know tons of people that vent as well with the a afm and non of them stall. A properly working and cleaned isc will help with stalling issues and there is also a dash pot mod to help if you have issues as well.

mensrea

Sep 6, 2009
Schofield Barracks, HI
hvyman;1680746 said:
Bosch can be fitted with hard pipes.

Any bov will work. Basically pick your sound. Some work better than others tho.

For example, A lot of people run the hks. I hate the hks and think its total rice. If i didnt have my greddy id run a tial.

Youtube is your friend.

I hate it too, that's why I had to recirculate it. Sounded badass on my old setup.

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Back in the day (with AFM), I ran an HKS SSQV, RFL and a TiAL...

Without a doubt, favorite - was the TiAL.
A lot of it is personal preference anymore...
But from a performance aspect, just get something of above par quality ; not because it goes 'pew pew'.

Also, never had ANY issues with stalling with an AFM.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
TrqMnstr;1724062 said:
Bosch for the 225hp audi TT.

The part number in the review section was for Saab and Porsche. Is the Audi speced bypass valve the same unit? The Saab is the heavy duty unit. I use that one with my T04E 57.

Timeless6270

Jun 27, 2011
Lost Causes, NM
I hate my HKS. It doesn't work right in my opinion. Im going with Turbo smart super sonic. I have heard good thing about them. So i figured why not try it out

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
I need a bov. The stock one is pretty loud with a cone filter. I build boost so early it starts to vent under partial throttle.

BrandonW

Jun 25, 2007
N.J.
i have the greddy type-s with a 57trim, hardpipes and upgraded frontmount, i like it and its not recirculated

no stalling issues but i do run rich between shifts and every now and then get a pop from the exhaust