What bellhousings will bolt to a 7mgte?

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
BoostedRunner87;1587321 said:
There is a link to the site on the first page of this thread if you want to check it out.

LOL, Can't believe I missed that. As far as the link, it does look kinda like it. Maybe you can check the inside of the housing and see if there is some sort of Serial # in there and then call monster if there is.

BoostedRunner87

Nov 21, 2009
Summerset South Dakota
SupraMario;1587526 said:
LOL, Can't believe I missed that. As far as the link, it does look kinda like it. Maybe you can check the inside of the housing and see if there is some sort of Serial # in there and then call monster if there is.

ha ha Yeah I would love to pull out the bellhousing to check that out, but we have a big three day off road event coming up in two weeks, so I have to baby the clutch until then. I tried emailing Monster and never heard back from them, and they dont offer a phone number on their website.... pretty gay!

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
maj75;1586818 said:
First of all piss off.

Second, if you think that anyone on this forum knows what will bolt between a 7M and a Toyota transfer case in a 87 4runner, you are fooling yourself. If it isn't a Toyota transfer case, then:

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICTURES

Tell this to the half dozen active active members with 7M 4runners/pickups on here.

Second, if I recall correctly, the 7M w58 bellhousing will bolt up to the w56 trans. The 7M R154 bellhousing is 30mm shorter than the R150/R151 trans, you can make it work buy cutting the two bellhousings and havinge them welded together, but this must be done with precision. If there is an adapter plate available now I would definitely use it.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
maj75;1586818 said:
First of all piss off.

Second, if you think that anyone on this forum knows what will bolt between a 7M and a Toyota transfer case in a 87 4runner, you are fooling yourself. If it isn't a Toyota transfer case, then:

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICTURES

Yeah, ok. :rolleyes:

If you have an r-series transmission, then you have a custom bellhousing. The only bolt-on option would have been if you had a w series tranny, in which case you can bolt a 7MGTE to a w series easily using the w58 N/A Supra bellhousing.

Bolting the 7M to an r-series truck tranny requires either a custom bellhousing, or a hybrid transmission, in which you disassemble the trucks tranny, and an R154 Supra tranny, and use the appropriate parts to make the input shaft length work for you.

And yes, it looks like you have a Monster adapter. He's the guy that pioneered www.supracharged.com - the site that tells you pretty much all you'll need to know about 7M-> Toyota Pickup swaps.