well looks like i get a unplanned vacation...

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
Well, finally got tired of my right foot bothering me... Went to the doctor thursday and found out that i need surgery to correct the problem.

About 7 years ago i slipped on some ice and went foot first into a curb. I knew it was bad at the time. Had to go get stitched up. Never got x-rayed though. It healed up in a few weeks and i never thought about it again... Till about two years ago. When i started to have issues with it. It started with an occasional sharp pain that went away quickly. But over the last two years it has gotten to be an issue. It aches all the time and if i step wrong... It feels like i have a knife in my foot.

So on to the damage... I now have a growth on the side of my bone where the chip of bone ended up after my fall and a sharp ridge on the top of the joint. They have to re-brake the bone and shave the joint area. Doc says no more riding the bike for 6 months after the surgery. Which will be aug 2.
t0p3yp.jpg

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
basically the same thing... just a different cause. doc said its the same procedure, except he has to cut the bone to restore the joint space.

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
i plan to spend a lot of time in the garage... got a datsun chassis to assemble.

i cant go to work in a cast as it is a food processing plant... no open toe shoes allowed.

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
the only real consolation is that if they had done an xray at the time i would have needed surgery then... i really could not afford that at that time. i can now... so its better this way... at least now i have insurance and some savings

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
I can't say I've ever been down for more than a few days for much of anything bud, but Ian is right. 6-8 weeks will fly by before you know it if you have any hobbies or catching up to do, which it sounds like you have that covered. ;)

Hell, it's already the end of JUNE. Feels like just yesterday I was dressed like Charlie Chaplin at a Halloween party, showing people how to use a basement pole like a stripper would. :rofl:

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
gonna make the third year that the sled doesnt leave the trailer as well... if my hand is any indication of healing time... i should heal quick. that was 6 months... 4 pins one plate and 5 broken bones. so im no stranger to this... just not looking forward to it.

AbsoluteSpeed

Aug 8, 2007
Edmonton AB
I had foot surgery late last year and was laid up for 3-4 months before going back to work part time.
I kept myself busy and look back at that time now and think "that wasn't so bad"

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
well, im hopefully on the downside of all this... the surgery is done... at least it should be complete... there is the possibility that the hardware will have to come out later... but that will need to be determined later. currently im in a "soft articulating compression cast" and am ordered off my feet for the next 48hrs. then i loose my crutches and gain a walking boot.

what did you have done franco?