weird sound again :(

peste noire

Jan 11, 2012
los angeles,CA
so i posted recently about my car making werid noises when i start hitting or going to boost.

people said it might be turbo so i went ahead and tried looking at it but shaft play was ah.. ok i guess so i got a spare ct26 and slapped it on but when i took off my turbo i relised that the feed line( upgraded steel braided lines with turbonetics turbo) was cloged barely any or no oil was going through(im guessing)

so i thought maybe turbo was blown due to lack of oil and i went ahead and swapped it with the ct26 i had and tookit for a spin but the noise was still there!!

got me pissed.

so im wondering does the oil recirculate from the turbo all around the engine? like could the clogged line starv the engine too??

wanna know whats fucked up now :(

heres the noise for you guys that havent heard it.

heres video 1 from the top http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8gCdGJL_d4

and heres video number 2 from the shifter http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YuCP--tvtw

any help is appreciated

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
The tsrm would tell you if it would starve the engine.. but no it wont. The return dumps into the pan.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

peste noire

Jan 11, 2012
los angeles,CA
ok so thats a relief(thought that engine could be toast) any thoughs of were the noise could be coming from? though it was the turbo but i swapped it and its still doing it! by the way , im still getting oil pressurre. just incase if anybody ask.

Backlash2032

Sep 20, 2010
Nebraska
Remove belts one at a time and see if it goes away.

Did you ever swap the feed line?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

peste noire

Jan 11, 2012
los angeles,CA
power steering belt,alternator belt? those belts?

yes when i put that turbonectics turbo about a month ago.
got it used with all the lines and stuff.

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
Honestly in your other thread it sounded like an exhaust leak. If you replaced the turbo and it's still making the same noise i'd rule out the turbo, unless you are extremely unlucky.

peste noire

Jan 11, 2012
los angeles,CA
well im thinking it might be an exhaust leak cause now that changed the turbo and move things around it sounds a bit louder but today i took it for a spin and not minding the noise i decided to punch it and it pulled ok (a bit sloppy) and notice smoke coming from the shifter(i dont have any of the plastics there). in a way it kinda smelled like burnt clutch but then again idk... could it be since my valve cover is leaking some oil got to the clutch and its making it burnt and cause this noise??

Compton74

Oct 8, 2008
Long Beach
Dude that car sounds like it has a divorced down pipe, when i met you i didn't hear any of that, so I'm ruling exhaust leak as well. My car with the divorced makes that thump thump noise as well. If you need help call me ill cruise over and see what we can figure out.

peste noire

Jan 11, 2012
los angeles,CA
well its cause i changed my down pipe from the time we meet and the one i recently put has a flex pipe and noticed that it was touching the body so i think it might of gotten damaged there.

im gonna go to a muffler shop so they can remove the flex part.

alright cool .