W58/Clutch noises & problems?

SupaMan

Want The Boooooossttttttt
Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
The clutch has had its fair share of beatings, And the tranny is the same. I have front to back play in every gear but 3rd and 4th is the worst, Maybe half an inch or more. Sometimes when i shift its smooth as butter, Other times its a little notchy, And sometimes it just clanks into gear, And it sounds like when it clanks that its still sending power to the rear even with the clutch disengaged, It clanks into gear most of the time in 2nd and it sounds like it makes the diff clank too like it shocks the driveline.

Ive shifted the car without the clutch and it goes into 2nd and 3rd fine but it will not, No matter what, Go into 4th without the clutch.

Sometimes i have strong vibrations through the shifter when in gear, Othertimes i dont.

Ive had a random clank sound coming from the bell housing area for awhile now, Sometimes it vibrates 1k-3k RPM when free revving, Sometimes it doesnt.

Im just trying to pinpoint this before i rip everything out, Its a W58 so i cant pull inspection plates and look at the clutch or i would, I just replaced the master and slave cly with brand new units and the line was replaced with a braided stainless one from DM. Its getting full throw and the pedal is adjusted per TSRM.

Ive been chasing and trying to figure this out for a long time now, It hasnt gotten worse until lately but it doesnt seem to be progressing anymore. Oh and the trans has MT90 in it, With maybe 200 miles on it.

Thanks in advance.

Barry

SupaMan

Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
Did some more messing with it today, The clutch holds strong in 4th and 5th gear full power going up a bridge that is about 20* incline. If i sit at a light and rest my hand on the shifter in neutral, While repeatively pushing the clutch in and out, I can feel something inside the trans move. Each time i do it, It feels like something moving over. Im starting to wonder if a bearing isnt shot on the main shaft?

Any ideas guys?

SupaMan

Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
While sitting at a light today i noticed more, When the shifter goes into 1st, 2nd, And 4th smoothly. Its ruff (Very gear feeling, Sometimes clanking.) into 3rd, 5th, And reverse. And vise versa.

Im thinking something in the trans is worn severely.

This is all with the clutch disengaged of course idling while sitting.

SupaMan

Oct 12, 2006
Cape Coral,Florida
Not that ive ever heard, I saw you ask that on another thread and i went and tryed it with no change.

I just went outside again and while the noise is extremely hard to hear with the car cold, It didnt change.