Vsv sensors?

AZN MK3

Feb 12, 2006
Now in the U.S.
Ok as stated do you remove the vsv sensors and plug if you going big single? My twins leaking oil bad and im just going to go big single, so i can get ridbof these crappy twin. Btw its a 2jz so not to get confused with any 1jz owners thanks.

Satan

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Tampa
You can remove all of the ones that are on the twins assembly, as well as a couple of others located elsewhere. When I removed the excess wiring from my harness, I had marked all of the connectors which were no longer used (as I removed the harness from the engine), then removed them and the excess wiring, re-wrapped and good to go...

Good luck!

AZN MK3

Feb 12, 2006
Now in the U.S.
Satan;1538691 said:
You can remove all of the ones that are on the twins assembly, as well as a couple of others located elsewhere. When I removed the excess wiring from my harness, I had marked all of the connectors which were no longer used (as I removed the harness from the engine), then removed them and the excess wiring, re-wrapped and good to go...

Good luck!

Thanks man, but yea the twins keep giving me a problem boosting, and a BIG OH NO, is that the twins are leaking oil really bad. almost getting into my intake. So yea I've decided to get rid of em... So thanks. I really appreciate it...

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
Keep the VSV it pulls fumes and vapors from the gas tank.

To simplify your car when going single though you can bend the intake tube of the ISCV up a little bit from the water tube just under it.
It used to plumb into the intake of the twins behind the air filter so just remove the tube for it at the back of the motor under the valve cover panel and give the ISCV its own mini K&N filter.

You get rid of all the twin BOV hoses run the single hose to where ever your new blow off valve is.

The crank case hoses are simple.
You can plug off the intake then run the two valve cover vent hoses to an inductor/scavaging tube directly in your exhaust. The CARB/ECO-FRIENDLY/SMOG GODS will frown upon this.

You can add a home depote $20 catch can between intake valve cover and the intake but keep the check valve in there you dont want boost pushing back into your motor.
Then after that rig up a hose from the exhaust valve cover to another catch can (dont need a check valve) that plumbs into the air inlet just infront of the turbo intake track furthest from the filter as possible

Internal external wastegate all up to you.
If you run internal its simpler less plumbing & parts to buy with your setup but the advantage to running external + your own wastegate setup is better HP easier to modify wastegate for different base boost settings etc..

AZN MK3

Feb 12, 2006
Now in the U.S.
Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE;1540909 said:
Keep the VSV it pulls fumes and vapors from the gas tank.

To simplify your car when going single though you can bend the intake tube of the ISCV up a little bit from the water tube just under it.
It used to plumb into the intake of the twins behind the air filter so just remove the tube for it at the back of the motor under the valve cover panel and give the ISCV its own mini K&N filter.

You get rid of all the twin BOV hoses run the single hose to where ever your new blow off valve is.

The crank case hoses are simple.
You can plug off the intake then run the two valve cover vent hoses to an inductor/scavaging tube directly in your exhaust. The CARB/ECO-FRIENDLY/SMOG GODS will frown upon this.

You can add a home depote $20 catch can between intake valve cover and the intake but keep the check valve in there you dont want boost pushing back into your motor.
Then after that rig up a hose from the exhaust valve cover to another catch can (dont need a check valve) that plumbs into the air inlet just infront of the turbo intake track furthest from the filter as possible

Internal external wastegate all up to you.
If you run internal its simpler less plumbing & parts to buy with your setup but the advantage to running external + your own wastegate setup is better HP easier to modify wastegate for different base boost settings etc..

Cool, that's awesome... Thanks man for the input... cya later crappy twins... hahaha... i never would think going big single was going to be a slight pain but I guess it beats messing with the jdm twins I suppose... Again thanks man...