(VIDEO) This is one WICKED car..... For a Stang!

toyolla86

Dec 6, 2010
salt lake city,utah
that thing is insane. towards the end when he's pullin hard you can see the passengers seat getting pulled back.
then when its a rear view camera angle you see him take off and a cop drives through the intersection. haha.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Appears to be a 4 cam engine (duel overhead cam V8 = 4 cams) and probably 4 valves per cylinder. Really nice setup...

87mk111

Metal Head
Sep 29, 2009
akron/canton, ohio
Poodles;1670448 said:
Appears to be a 4 cam engine (duel overhead cam V8 = 4 cams) and probably 4 valves per cylinder. Really nice setup...

i know the new 5.0's are a 4 cam, 4 valve motor, so im guessing that the 5.3 that the gt500 uses has also been updated to a 4 cam, 4 valve per cylinder motor as well.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
What they fail to tell you is that Shelby is estimating the price on this package at "around $100,000". That's a lot of zeroes for a car that my neighbor's 17 year old daughter drives. On top of that, the base car itself costs in the 40-50k range... So we're talking a $150,000 MUSTANG. I can see that price for a Ford GT, a used Ferarri, something along those lines, but for a MUSTANG???

Think about it guys, the kit consists of a couple turbos, a fancy pants dual feed fuel system, a brake/suspension setup, and a 9" rear end? Where in the hell does the other $60k come from in that price? :aigo:

For that much money, I'll take a used F430, and turbo it. Same result, but nobody's gonna mistake your car for their daughter's. ;)

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
You will get way more chicks with the Ferrari.

And chicks that have more teeth than toes.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Poodles;1671731 said:
Forgetting it more than likely has a warranty, and look at that intake!

On the other hand, I've never really had much use for warranties. I have a warranty on my new Honda minivan (well, the wife's minivan, but you get the idea) - thing is, the warranty doesn't mean it won't break, it just means I'm not responsible for fixing it when it does. When it comes to reliability, my Supra has been more reliable than the new cars we've owned.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Poodles;1671731 said:
Forgetting it more than likely has a warranty, and look at that intake!
Eh, warranties are only good for people who don't own tools. :dunno:

Intake is pretty looking, but still not worth 60k...

Keros;1671836 said:
You will get way more chicks with the Ferrari.

And chicks that have more teeth than toes.
Well said sir, well said... probably shouldn't have read that with water in my mouth, almost gave the monitor a bath.

GrimJack;1671858 said:
On the other hand, I've never really had much use for warranties. I have a warranty on my new Honda minivan (well, the wife's minivan, but you get the idea) - thing is, the warranty doesn't mean it won't break, it just means I'm not responsible for fixing it when it does. When it comes to reliability, my Supra has been more reliable than the new cars we've owned.
Same here, in all honesty. I've had one car with a warranty, and the only time it came in handy was when we discovered the rear end on the SS was shot, so they replaced it free of charge. That pretty much took care of the price I paid for the warranty on it. Still didn't fix the speakers that were blown, the leaking power steering pump, knocking rods, etc... crooked fuckers, I'll never buy another car that new again.