Vi-PEC PNP for 2JZ

Turbo Drifter

Dec 8, 2005
Surrey, BC Canada
Andre;1355235 said:
More end users experience

Can you compare this unit with brands like AEM ? ore maybe there are better units for the price ?

Yes I can, I went though 3 years with an AEM and I am so glad I have it behind me. My unit went back to AEM 2 times and the 2nd time they sent me an entirely new unit, the day I got it back was the day I sold it.

I will never run and AEM EMS on anything again. My AEM had chronic timing creep and the drivability was not good at all. I have driven some AEM cars that are ok but as they say 60% of the time AEM works every time.

For the price I think the ViPEC V88 is the best on the market and good competition to a few systems that are quite a bit more $$.

The cold start and idle control of the ViPEC make the AEM look like a SDS. All the features of the ViPEC trump the AEM as well. Closed loop Idle and boost control, Proper traction control is on the way and will not cost any more money. The Auto tune works awesome (if you know how to tune a car) and the sequential inj and spark are also leaps and bounds above the AEM.

The other big difference is the Peak/hold injector drivers and USB communications.

I may sound very anti AEM but after an unexplained engine failer on one cylinder that melted its self (injector tested fine and there was no other fault found). At one point I felt saving the money on the AEM would be a good idea but after all the hassle and the 3 years battling with the AEM the best thing I did was sell it. Since having the Vipec installed in January of this year we have got it running way better than it ever had on the AEM. I am able to drive to the corner store with out the lap top in the car and have no problems at all. The AEM would always have some sort of problem (high idle, would turn off for a few seconds and back on again). The response from AEM was open the unit and make sure the Chip is seated right, not my idea of acceptable.

Good luck with your decision!

Jeremy

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Turbo Drifter;1355318 said:
Yes I can, I went though 3 years with an AEM and I am so glad I have it behind me. My unit went back to AEM 2 times and the 2nd time they sent me an entirely new unit, the day I got it back was the day I sold it.

I will never run and AEM EMS on anything again. My AEM had chronic timing creep and the drivability was not good at all. I have driven some AEM cars that are ok but as they say 60% of the time AEM works every time.

For the price I think the ViPEC V88 is the best on the market and good competition to a few systems that are quite a bit more $$.

The cold start and idle control of the ViPEC make the AEM look like a SDS. All the features of the ViPEC trump the AEM as well. Closed loop Idle and boost control, Proper traction control is on the way and will not cost any more money. The Auto tune works awesome (if you know how to tune a car) and the sequential inj and spark are also leaps and bounds above the AEM.

The other big difference is the Peak/hold injector drivers and USB communications.

I may sound very anti AEM but after an unexplained engine failer on one cylinder that melted its self (injector tested fine and there was no other fault found). At one point I felt saving the money on the AEM would be a good idea but after all the hassle and the 3 years battling with the AEM the best thing I did was sell it. Since having the Vipec installed in January of this year we have got it running way better than it ever had on the AEM. I am able to drive to the corner store with out the lap top in the car and have no problems at all. The AEM would always have some sort of problem (high idle, would turn off for a few seconds and back on again). The response from AEM was open the unit and make sure the Chip is seated right, not my idea of acceptable.

Good luck with your decision!

Jeremy

Much the same experience with Wolf Products Jeremy :(