Valve stem seal options

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Will be doing my valve stem seals soon and need the most heat resistant ones available, as my port job ground away most of the guides.

Pretty sure my seals are toast from age rather than mileage, as the engine sat for many many years outside of the vehicle and smoked ever since re-installation.

I see several companies are now offering Viton options for the exhaust side, but not for the intake side on the 7M (2J has Viton availabe for both). Pretty sure they are physically identical. Any reason to not just use Viton exhaust seals on the intake side as well?

Also, I have an old (12 years) set of unopened OEM Toyota valve stem seals from an old OEM intake gasket kit I had laying around. There were rumors back in the day that the OEM seals are Viton. Is this true? Will they still be ok after sitting unopened for so long?

Just want to go with the best option right now.

Opinions?

levi1717

May 27, 2006
Corinth, Maine
ENGINETECH S475V {#S475V20, S475V25, S475V5} Info
FitsIntake; Int. & Exh. Viton.
OrExhaust; Int. & Exh. Viton.

From ROCKAUTO?? Not sure the quality but says they are viton

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Yeah, that looks like it would work. Don't really like that they're the cheapest option that they offer. I'll probably go with the nicer supertech blue viton exhaust seals and use them on the intake as well.