US VS JDM Throttle Body

88mk|||

Apr 5, 2014
Las Vegas
The thing im tring to figure out is, the top of the throttle body on the jdm has one vac port an the us throttle body has two ports. I not gonna use egr, is that why the us one has two ports for?

88mk|||

Apr 5, 2014
Las Vegas
Ya I did, kinda hard to see but looks like one goes to egr and one to vsv to canister. Is this correct, then I can use it cuz I'm not using egr.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
The one port on JDM TBs is for the charcoal canister. The other port on USDM TBs is EGR.

You dont need either to run the motor, but a USDM ECU will give you potentially dangerous situations is you dont use EGR. If you dont use EGR you should be using a JDM ECU or a piggyback to correct for the absence of EGR. Either way, you should run a charcoal canister. It doesn't harm anything at all to use it. No power loss, no weight gain, nothing. Removing it pollutes our air with gasoline vapors and can cause a potential fire hazard if you don't remove the system correctly.

I'm trying to get a USDM TB and bracket simply so I can use EGR in the future if I need to. My current TB is also missing the ability to run cruise control which is annoying. Not sure if all JDM TBs are like that or if mine is just weird.

88mk|||

Apr 5, 2014
Las Vegas
I don't know, been reading mix reviews. I read from people who done it an said its ok. An people who say needs jdm ecu.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
The car will idle fine.

The issue is that you will run lean in part throttle and cruise. It's been verified.

The mixed review part your getting is the "I've been running it this way and I've been fine" slogan with no data to back it up. There's a huge thread with real data about removing egr floating around. Find it if your curious.

88mk|||

Apr 5, 2014
Las Vegas
I've found one and It was 10 sections long. I read the whole thing it's a 50/50 of what will happen. I'm kinda leaning towards the Cali model being the one that will be affected by this?

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
If you still think its 50/50 you didnt read enough. Egr lowers egt and prevents a lean condition under part throttle/part load.

If you want to remove the egr system the way you're asking, I look forward to reading your future problem threads.

88mk|||

Apr 5, 2014
Las Vegas
Look guys I wanna do the right thing. I'm gonna research more also if you can link the one your talking about I'll read it. I'll get a jdm ecu no prob. I just need to read more.. Thx, oh ya even if I did f things up I wouldn't dis this engine I would take it as a learning experience..