Uphill battle: Supra Mark III vs. Pontiac Solstice

Suitcase Jefferson

Sep 28, 2010
Canada, eh?
www.furstatic.com
Hello all,

Let me first say that I'm no street racer. I just want a nice-looking vehicle that can ferry me efficiently from point A to point B.

But in my city, if you have a nice car - other ass-hats will rev their little motors out of their engine bays at you at stoplights!

So the story goes like this,

I was coming up behind a Pontiac Solstice (ragtop) on a red-light... I was slowly stopping when the light turned green.

The Solstice flashed his brakes at me and TOOK OFF..,

"BRAAAA, BRAAA, BRAaaaaaa", etc.

He was headed toward a steep, two-lane hill. I was going the same way (to my house).

So I carefully switched lanes and casually applied my gas - my car felt like a silk-rocket-on-rails, and I flew passed him without me realizing it.

For an 80's car, it hugged the road like a skateboard. I had a huge grin on my face as he pulled up by me at a four-way stop, both of us turning in opposite directions.

I was only going grocery shopping.

-Suitcase

Edit:

Shoot, I mis-typed the title. D:

CajunKenny

PULL MY FINGER. PLEASE!
Nov 15, 2007
Washington
Nice kill!

My neighbor has one of these and is always zooming around the corner of my house. When I'm outside, he takes it up to redline. I can't wait to spank it! :)

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Same problem here Suitcase, everybody thinks their car is the fastest thing in the world. Gonna be putting quite a bit into my car next year and thinking it would be funny to rice it out. Obscenely rice it out, and put in big bold letters "YOU DON'T HAVE A CHANCE" on the back window. But the attention is annoying enough now as it is, so...

Nice kill though. I always wanted to like those cars, but far too many of them are automatic for my taste.

Suitcase Jefferson

Sep 28, 2010
Canada, eh?
www.furstatic.com
Thanks for all the positive replies! Makes me grin.

Believe-you-me, I don't go out looking for trouble... I just want to drive my classy Supra!

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

Thanks for the fix, Grim. It's always embarrassing when I typo a title and can't fix it, lol!

barkz

Sep 14, 2010
Afghanistan
I too was amazed by how smoothly/easily it will pull UPhill in 5th. love the "slower traffic keep right" zones, when some ass that has been waiting to pass, tries to pass everybody at redline, and i wont even drop a gear while i blow by him, lol. i think i can, i think i can!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Barkz, that 5th gear pull ability at highway speeds is by far one of my favorite aspects of a stock turbo setup on a Supra. It's great to just be lazy and let the load build up on that engine and boost away. :D