Upgrade ideas

jugodegolf

Supramania Contributor
Apr 5, 2005
Phoenix,AZ, United States
Well its time for upgrade from the old alpine. I like the idea of stock cd and cassette that whowouldafigga posted up. So I was researching fijitsu ten corp who make toyota's stuff and came up with this.

p1044171_1.jpg

Has navigation, 30gig hardrive. Should fit nicely in out double din bay. Let me know what you think.

pbasil1

Fully built 1JZ project
Jan 30, 2008
Huntsville,AL
I sell eclipse stuff at work. They are one of the best rated nav units on the market... I say go for it! Its a killer system, lots of eq settings, plus the HDD in it will be super sweet for storing the nav maps and music.

gsmokez

Feb 18, 2007
Brampton, Ontario

pbasil1

Fully built 1JZ project
Jan 30, 2008
Huntsville,AL
The Avic D3 is a pretty capable unit. DVD navigation is my major complaint. The fact that you have to keep the Nav DVD in the system to route or edit any directions just isnt as nice as a unit like the Eclipse. But thats something you see on the sub $1k dvd/nav systems. Other than that I was pretty happy with the performance of the unit, especially for the price you can get them for now days...

jugodegolf;1047000 said:
I haven't been able to price that unit yet. If its north of 600 probably out of my price range. Looking at the toyota jbl 6disc player w/warranty also.

Expect the AVN5495 to be around $2000. PM me for a special price though!

Last edited: