Unusual Electrical Problem

daikenkai59

Feb 24, 2007
Indiana
Well I don't know to much about electrics or cars but there seems to be a big problem with mine. I have a 1987 NA Supra thats an automatic. The other day I started the car up normally and starting driving, but suddenly the engine cut out and I tried starting it again but all it did was just turn over. I had to push the car back home and I tried all I could. I thought maybe the gas was empty, so I filled it up and still just turning over. I can smell gas so I know the fuel is flowing.

But I think it's an electric problem because when I turn on my car, my headlights pop up now and stay open, but the lights don't actually turn on and the clock does not work. My hazard button does not work also but my control climate and cigarette lighter works. I have checked the fuses and looked at grounds but I can't seem to find the problem. Also when I press my horn, the headlights also pop open and the dash lights turn on. But when I take out the fuse for the hazards and horn, I can open and close the headlights normally but still no lights. So I honestly do not know what I should do. I have installed that 12V relay mod but I don't think that could be the problem because my car has been working for weeks with it on. So any help would greatly appreciated thanks.

EDIT: Well now, the lights don't pop up randomly anymore, but the horn and hazards do not work as well as the radio and clock and the lights still do not turn on though plus car still not starting. Im starting to suspect the CPS because I read somewhere around here that when I tried to start the car, if the tach doesn't jump or move then that would be it and mine doesn't jump or move.

Last edited: