Turbo rebuild

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Well I'm getting my turbo rebuilt by BNR in Moody Al. I'm suppose to get it tomorrow. He didnt use the stock ct26 housing. I hope I dont have any problems installing it. He used a Garrett housing with a 4" inlet. I've already got a 4" to 3" reducer for it so I can use my stock piping to a HKS intake. Has anyone heard of this place? The owners name is Brian and he collects RX7's. He's got about seven of them and some of them are pretty good looking. His website is www.bnrturbos.com Hopefully everything will work out O.K. I may be asking for some help installing the turbo back on my car when I get it. I've never taken a turbo off or installed it until now. Hope to see everyone at a meet this spring.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I just got my turbo back today and it looks great. It's a Garrett TO4E with 50 trim. I've read that the 50 trim isnt much bigger than stock, but I'm hoping it is a little stronger. It also has a 4" inlet. Dont really know if that is going to help since my HKS intake is 3". I'm going to try and install it tomorrow. Might need a few prayers said for me.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I got my turbo installed today. Had to relocate my powersteering resorvoir. I've also got to get some high pressure hose for my oil feed line. I'm going to see if I can have something made by this shop in Graysville. I had to reroute it around the turbo since I didnt use the CT26 housing. I got the turbo on and ran it up the road and hit fuel cut just as soon as I punched it. I then took off the AFM and did that trick in the supratech tips where you drill out the plug and unscrew the screw all the way out. I havent driven it yet to see if it helped because I was told not to drive it until I get my oil line replaced with something that will withstand the heat and the pressure. Turbo looks great(to me) and I cant wait to get it fixed completely so I can have it retuned and dynod.

staticpat

Supra Chair!
Mar 30, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Wow I'm like 20 minutes from moody, got to check this out. How much did it cost? Where you planning on dynoing at, I'm gonna get it done myself in Trussville in the next couple weeks.

Last edited:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I have been getting mine done at AutoLabz in birmingham. There pretty cool to deal with. Sometimes there slow as can be, but I've learned to expect it to take all day.

Supra60-1

May 29, 2005
Alabama
:aigo: :aigo: Whoa! wait a minute. What kind of oil feed do you have on it right now? A clean supply of oil is the most important part of any turbo.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I got a high pressure hydraulic rubber hose from Bryant Hydraulics. It's good for like 2000 pounds of pressure. What kind of hose is bad for my turbo? I'll let you know when I'm going to the dyno. I'm going to order me some new parts to get rid of the fuel cut first though.

Supra60-1

May 29, 2005
Alabama
A small metal line is ideal for a turbo, hence the ones from the factory are usually the best. But if a shop puts something on there that messes up the turbo, It should go out pretty quickly. And theyre responsible.