Tuning 7mgte

Timmie_g

Jul 17, 2008
Portugal Cove, Newfoundland
So my engine build will be competed very soon, after which it will most likely require some tuning. This is where things become tricky for me, the building is easy, the parts are easy, getting it to run exactly perfect not so much. It will be getting dyno tuned, but I do not want to assume the people at the shop will know what they are doing and have my hard work blown up right away.

The build is this:
Weisco 9:1's (stock bore)
Line bored, honed
ARP Everything
Stock GTE Cams (with adjustable Gears)
5 angle Valve Grind
Complete P+P on the head and manifolds (including port matching)

Turbonetics 60-1
MBC at 17lbs roughly
Lexus AFM
Mitsu Evo 9 560cc's
Walbro 255
Areomotive FPR
SAFC II
UEGO Wideband

I have Gain maps and such for other builds as guidelines, I understand im trying to tune for certain AFR's but there has to be more to it than that. This is my first REAL build and I'm not up on engine tuning as I would like to be, I guess im kinda looking for some insight/guidelines/flaming for not searching enough.

Im worried about the engine not retarding timing enough. Will the TCCS be able to compensate for the mods I have? Any information/direction anyone has will come in very handy.

Other than that I will continue reading and searching hoping i find something before i take too much heat.

Thanks again

Tim:flamed:

isnms

United States of America
Mar 30, 2005
Oklahoma
i80.photobucket.com
When you start making gain adjustments in high teens and twenties, that's when timing is being affected.

There is a worksheet in my sig you can use to assist you in tuning your safc with your wideband logs.