trouble with idle

IHI-RHC7

"The Boss"
Apr 1, 2005
Oregon
It sounds to me like the THW signal is not telling the ecu what your coolant temp is. The THW signal comes from the efi water temp sensor on the thermo housing.
Pic curtousy of whomever ShawnDude got it from:
sensors20225zt.jpg

Check the connection at that sensor, and see if you get a different code if you unplug it.
The TCCS defaults to 170 deg or so if the reading from THW is not withing acceptable range, consequently, the car runs like poop until the engine is in fact at 170 deg.
That would explain why the car runs fine when warm...

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
Lol, is this the same guy? Guess I should pay more attention ;). I couldn't see the photo but if he's sucking on the canister full time it could be his sensor is swung rich. It may be a leak but it's sucking on HC, not air. Bad evap systems are often a cause of high HC on emissions tests. At any rate he needs to look at the O2 voltage and see what it's doing.

Jake: Yes, that could be one cause of his having a stuck loop if the sensor itself is not the problem. Nick mentioned that above. He needs to verify the sensor first though. The O2 sensor is the only one in the car that effects itself because of the loop it's in.

doom26464

Research...research
Mar 31, 2005
Saskatoon SK, Canada
www.cardomain.com
here is a pic of my engine bay as u can c the vaccum line just goes right past it and is one single line. But remeber the car has always had it like this and just recently it started idling bad.
855649_7_full.jpg

855649_63_full.jpg

as for figuring out this problem by the sounds of all the suggestion looks like i have some majorfiguring out to do. when it comes to sensor im not a big fan of dealing with them:aigo:

EDIT:As for checking the tsrm for checking the o2 sensor i found nothing if some one wants to tell me how or find me the page.....

Last edited: