Trouble Controlling Boost with MBC

1992supraman

Dec 1, 2007
Corvallis, OR
i ported the wastegate hole this weekend and now ... no more boost creep! but my MBC isnt working. ive got it set all the way out which should be stock. if i bring it slowly up to full boost it will stop at 7 but if i WOT then it shoots up and i have to let off so i dont hit fuel cut. any suggestions?

suprafanatic

May 25, 2007
Greenwood, IN
its because your exhaust is more free flowing that your stock exhaust, so your turbo is breathing better, when you go WOT really fast instead of slowly it boost to fast and doesnt have time to really push your wastegate open. you need a way to actualy lower the "stock" setting on your wastegate. other wise you will continue to have the problem.

89TargaT

No Traction FTL...
Jan 30, 2008
Missouri
I have this same problem with mine. I have a Perrin MBC and at WOT it quickly hits 14 then FC. Without the MBC its fine and boosts steadily at 9-10 psi. I do have a larger exhaust system.

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
i need a way to increase the boost on my stock WG actuator... i have no intentions of running LESS than 14-16psi daily. i really wanna just weld one washer to the actuator arm and another washer to the diaphragm end and add a spring to increase the tension. then i can remove my washer stack so the flapper will open as far as it needs to, only as long as the boost overcomes the additional tension.