Lexus Air Flow Meter + K&N
Full Tank of Gas
GT35R to4 TURBO
Fabricated oil fittings and lines
External Wastegate
Manual Boost Controller
UEGO wideband
SAFC

Runs rich, wont exceed 3500rpm, backfires, cuts fuel without CEL blinking.
Boost no longer runs because the engine will not exceed 3500 RPMS

I had driven the car with 18 lbs of boost, running about 450 RWHP first night after installation without the SAFC wired and ready. 20 minutes later, the car would hesitate, and wouldn't boost. The car stumbled, and almost died, until I gave it gas and I dropped into first gear, it would not accelerate past 3K RPM and would bounce from 3200-3300 RPM. I was hitting fuel cut when I floored it that night. I checked compression today, it is at 95 psi. I have tons of fuel pressure running through the fuel pressure regulator into a water bottle. Not a fuel pressure related issue. I am guessing the fuel injectors, the ECU, or the timing belt jumped. I have code 51 and 31.

When I drive it, it does not exceed 3500RPM. It literally sounds choked and boggs and does not pass 3500 rpm. The idle is perfect and 1000rpm. When I rev the engine in neutral, it hesitates around 1500 rpm, and then shoots out backfire it is so rich. Then It almost dies. I have adjusted the cps, didn't change a thing, I have checked fuel pressure, it is all installed correctly but I have 4k psi reading on the fuel pressure regulator gauge. I am extremely frustrated it ran around 450 RWHP great for 20 minutes and it was running beautiful, then it was backfiring running really rich, and started hesitating and running very very rough.

It still runs rough, and I need help. It was running PERFECT, and now something changed that.

I wired the SAFC into the computer, and I have tried tuning it but the tune does not change the problem of the 7mgte not running past 3500 rpms! So I am unable to tune the car. The stock o2 sensor is plugged into the downpipe exhaust directly behind the turbo at a 10 degree angle, and the Wideband UEGO AEM o2 sensor is plugged in there as well. PLEASE HELP!!! Did the timing belt teeth jump timing? Is it possible? I have tried everything! All I can think about is that this happened 1 day before I began wiring the SuperAirFLowController into the ECU. Could the Fuel injectors be complete crap? Could the timing have jumped? What do I DO?

Thank you. I hope my engine isn't toast.

Ben

Attachments

• IMG_20121012_183524.jpg
    IMG_20121012_183524.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20121012_151114.jpg
    IMG_20121012_151114.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20121011_120218.jpg
    IMG_20121011_120218.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited: