Tropicana "Rescue the Rainforest", anyone else doing this?

Figit090

Fastest mk3 GT4 1/4 mile!
Jan 7, 2006
Humboldt County
I've been typing in codes off of orange juice that we buy at Costco in order for Tropicana to pay to 'save' 100sq. ft. of Rainforest for each carton.

This doesn't seem like much, but I figure...what the hell, can't hurt...and it adds up. Has anyone else been submitting codes? I figured I'd mention this for anyone who drinks lots of OJ. I've saved 900sq ft...a 30x30 foot square. lol.:naughty:

So far though, this program has saved 2,208.26 acres (google conversion from 96,191,800sq ft)...which is notable.

Anyway...I thought I'd open this up to discussion so people know about it before it stops in about 3 months, and to see what you all think of their promotion. I read some comments elsewhere, some thing it's dumb and that they should just pay for every purchased carton, and some think its good that they are making us aware of what's happening to forest that can't really grow back :nono:

http://www.tropicanarainforest.com

Personally, it sure doesn't seem like the 9 codes i have entered have done much, but it wasn't difficult, and I figure I may have saved a tree. Maybe. :p I do plan to keep going though :D