Tremec T56 magnum bellhousing arrived

captdale

Aug 29, 2008
hawaii
Hi - 2JZ_MA70 started a thread about a year ago about connecting a T56 to a 2JZ. I posted to that thread but no response so thought I would start a new one. Ross at Quicktime came through and I received my bell about a week ago and trying to get the parts together to start the install. I have the T56 Tremec Magnum 6 spd and a Mcleod Hyd TOB already. The measurements front of the bell to center of the shift are right at 28" (within 1") so that is great. As the input shaft on the T56 is a Chev type 26 spline I will need some kind of 26 spline clutch disc and also a pilot bearing with a toyota OD (1.259) and a chev ID (.600) . Trying to find one of those. As I recall the pilot bearing on my NA was a press in on the crank. Would be a piece of cake if it was a press in on the flywheel but I just can't remember and think it was on the crank. Apparently my NA flywheel and a TT flywheel are different. No idea what that difference would be. I'm running a RPS Max series turbo clutch pressure plate with a OEM street disc which has been perfect. The disc is a hair short of 9 1/2" dia. So, I think a quartermaster 7.25 dual disc setup would work but don't know yet. Dave at quartermaster says he can most likely find a 26 spline disc that will work if I can supply all the necessary measurements. So - any of you guys have any input on this topic it would be appreciated. I will take a ton of pics on the install when i get it going. cd

captdale

Aug 29, 2008
hawaii
Well, I found a sealed pilot bearing that will require no modifications what-so-ever. Has the Tremec ID and the Toy NA OD and is 10mm thick. Picked it up today for right at $18. Perfect. Also think that a Spec Stage 3 disc will be just the ticket with my current RPS pressure plate. Good for 800 lb ft so thats a go. Will find out for sure tues. after the holidays. So, the saga continues. cd

RockPaperSwoRD

I have aCustom User Title
Jul 26, 2008
SanAntonio
what are you going to do for the tranny mount? custom driveshaft too, i assume?
I might be going this direction in the future, so if you could tell me which clutch disc/pressure plate/flywheel you used it would be great!

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
What is the weight difference between the R154 and the T56? I heard that the T56 was 130 pounds, and the R154 is around 100. Is this truth or lies?