Tranny problem?

modmonster2008

mod crazy yo!
Sep 9, 2008
Seattle, WA
www.myspace.com
Ok so lately I have been having a problem with my automatic transmission (A340E?). I start the car in the morning, and when the temp is about at the 2-3 mark on the gauge i drive it, and i notice that when i drive, the car doesnt shift, not until the RPM reaches about 6-7k rpm's and i let the throttle go then it shifts, it also has delayed shifting in all the gears. But after maybe 20 minutes of driving the transmission shifts perfectly, does anyone know what can be caused by that, it wasn't like that before. if anyone knows a solution please let me know, thanks!

Edit: BTW the car sometimes has a high pitch whining noise when its idling and whenever i rev the engine it goes away, could that be tranny related also?

besttrans

Supramania Contributor
Jun 18, 2006
Springfield MA
If it does not slip in the morning, but just hangs in too long on the shifts it sounds like a control issue. Remove the valve body and look for a stuck valve. If you want to be fancy bag up the valve body and stick it in the freezer before you check the valves. Your bound to find the valve hung cold (pressure regulator).

shawn