p1666381_5.jpg

p1666381_6.jpg

p1666381_7.jpg

p1666381_8.jpg

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
I miss mine. Haven't seen another one with the chrome package on it or I would have replaced it... Lots of rare parts on it, shoulda kept it...
p1666514_1.jpg

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Nice pre runner! :) I'm diggin' the fenders. You on Yotatech? That truck looks vaguely familiar...

Mine, which will undergo a 9.1:1 CR 7MGE->T swap this summer if I play my cards right. (I've got the parts, but never the time!)

Currently sporting nothing special: Marlin Crawler tubular rear bumper, Detroit/Eaton True-Trac rear diff that'll be going up front when I put an ARB airlocker in back, 31x10.5 BFG MTs, soon to be 33's or 35's after the motor swap, and I'm figuring out in my head how to put a Supra 8" diff in front so I can retain independent front suspension but have a stronger diff and more flex for a better ride both on and off road. I put MKIII Supra seats in it, too. I love this thing and have owned it for a bit over five years. It's the most reliable vehicle I've owned and has never let me down.

How do you like that 22rte?

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Why go air locker when the TRD electric locker is a drop in?

If I had the mechanical skills I have now back when I owned my truck, don't think I woulda sold it. Main reason I sold mine is the A/C system was destroyed and it rode like crap. That and I wanted a Supra :rofl:

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Poodles;1666601 said:
Why go air locker when the TRD electric locker is a drop in?

If I had the mechanical skills I have now back when I owned my truck, don't think I woulda sold it. Main reason I sold mine is the A/C system was destroyed and it rode like crap. That and I wanted a Supra :rofl:

E-locker is nearly drop in, I know. I almost had one about a year ago but it was sold before I could pick it up locally. :( They both have their ups and downs. E-locker has a motor sticking off the side of it which can be destroyed if you hit something, or can hang up on you even with a MC e-locker guard on it. The ARB can get the air line ripped out, thus leaving an exposed hole in the top of your diff.

The ARB is stronger, though. Honestly, I bounce back and forth all the time with that decision, so whichever I find first for a good price will be the one I go with LOL.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Air locker doesn't lock if you lose pressure, IIRC the e-locker doesn't. Also, the e-locker is much cheaper as you get the entire third member. Most of the guys I knew that used the ARB only did it becuase they wanted on board air anyway so they could air back up after rock crawling.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
True. They also make cable conversion kits for the e-locker. Honestly, I'd pounce on either if I could find one locally. I'm not worried about OBA- I'm going to build a custom bracket to mount a York compressor to the pickup so I can run air tools off it if I want, not to mention airing up.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Wellllll you can get a e-locker from marlin, with lower gearing installed :D

Man, you guys are making me miss mine... *starts hunting for another one*

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Yeah I know. I just don't know what size tires I'll end up with so I don't want to buy new. With the 7MGTE in there, I'll have all the power I need, and if I get a crawl box I should have more than enough gearing for around my area.

I'll never NOT have a Toyota Pickup. I love these things!

toyotavince

gear slammer
Jan 20, 2011
socal
thanks, the motor isnt a real 22rte. i built the motor out of two 22r's that i prevously blew up. block form one, head from the other. the head is a stock na head. i did a cheap rebuild on the block in my garage. new bearings, oil pump, water pump, ebay turbo pistons and rings, timing chain guide, timing chain and cam sprocket. headgasket is a cometic steel off of ebay. stock intake manifold and turbo manifold. nissan 300zx t3 turbo, ebay intercooler,
22rte turbo computer, na supra injectors.

im also using a supra 5 speed tranny because, i blew up the stock truck unit. six puck ebay clutch thats lasting over a year now. my current rear end setup stock welded with 3.90 sumthin gearing. ive already been threw 2 diffs and snapped 1 axle.

the truck runs strong for only 11 pounds of boost. its been running strong now for about 2 years sprisingly. i offrad alot and its been really reliable. real fun on the streets too

Last edited:

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
I have littel build thread on here wiht my truck but I go play in the woods and do end over enders and barrles rolls

i am rocking a 22re right now but i want more power my next motor will be

2 choices

nissan ka24de 160hp or a 3sgte 200hp and run both of them on propain

any thing more then thous 2 you snap shit all the time

7mgte in truck not wise eather they just break every thing and when side loaded they need a crank scarper to keep it from puffy out smoke

toyotavince

gear slammer
Jan 20, 2011
socal
playin in the woods is always fun.

personally im not into nissan but a ka would be kool. an for the 3sg, great motor but only being 2 liters i think it would lag on off boost perfomance. have you looked into the 2rz or 3rz, basically the same as a ka but made by toyota.

whats your truck thread

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
toyotavince;1668316 said:
playin in the woods is always fun.

personally im not into nissan but a ka would be kool. an for the 3sg, great motor but only being 2 liters i think it would lag on off boost perfomance. have you looked into the 2rz or 3rz, basically the same as a ka but made by toyota.

whats your truck thread

yes I have and well ther pricey and the exhuast is on the wroung side not to bad if your ifs but if your soilid axle liek me can be tad anoying

ka24de's are cheep because every one wants a s20 so there pretty much free motor and ebay trubo setup on ka24's are cheep

and can eb put behind a w56 rather easy

just have to cut the bell were it meets the trans and paset on the w56's mont

spline count and stuff are the same as toyota

3sgte on propain whoudl be crazy since all you need is msd 6al map based box and just chuck timing at ti to pick up the low end power

shoudl cheak out my trucsk build thread

toyotavince

gear slammer
Jan 20, 2011
socal
i guess if you advance the timing enough it should be fine. toyota trucks arent really that heavy, and a 3sg would have killer topend power too. and since you have a 4wd you can always put it in 4low if it does bog down.

3sg on propain would be sick. i see people in the sand dunes running propaing on there buggys. its a koll setup that you dont see to many people running