Tingol's Drift 2JZA70 (Russia)

Tingol

Nov 5, 2009
Moscow
Hi, everyone!
As I promised-my project's build up gallery! :)

My first car was 1989 Mazda 323F (BG,1.8L)! Great,really great car, but FWD!:3d_frown: FWD=NO Drift(or just winter fwd e-brake sadomasochism:icon_bigg)
I was dreamin' about Mk3 since I was in high school. But life isn't fair, and I had an opportunity to buy Mk3 only 2 years later, after i had bought Mazda.
What do we have now?..
1990 GA70, automatically tranny, TEMS(already only in front) + bad custom paintwork( lightnings ), in my opinion.

dirty 1G-GTE

widebody

Even turbo 1G isn't fit 4 drifting! I decided between 1UZ-FE & 2JZ-GTE. 2JZ won!

4 tranny replacement I chose W58.

Now Supra is in swapping process. I still need many parts for complete swap kit..
Other minds and pics I'll post tomorrow :)
Any questions?)))

NokaoiMK3

Drifter..
Jul 27, 2008
Gilbert Arizona
If this car is going to be for drifting i don't think that w58 will last that long... You would be a lot better off getting a r154 or v160..

Tingol

Nov 5, 2009
Moscow

In plans:
approximately 400hp on stock twins
no interior(already)
rollcage
bucket seats
stout hood
bomex whale tail
lip on front bumper
all black paint plus vinyl
Gram Lights 57Pro
Hellaflush of course!
coilovers
etc..

Txsupra

Professional Driver
Aug 23, 2008
Texas
How did that 1G get in there? Was that a swap? Nice looking car tho, sans the lightning.

I would have to agree that the W58 is not an ideal drift trans.

Tingol

Nov 5, 2009
Moscow
NokaoiMK3;1446804 said:
If this car is going to be for drifting i don't think that w58 will last that long... You would be a lot better off getting a r154 or v160..

I know, bro, i know :)
But I just want to blow at least one W58 in my life:icon_razz)))
If I blow it, next stage will be, of course, R154 or getrag(but I heard, that it's a capricious transmission). In dreams - something sequential, like Hollinger, or HKS...

Tingol

Nov 5, 2009
Moscow
Txsupra;1446828 said:
How did that 1G get in there? Was that a swap? Nice looking car tho, sans the lightning.
Thanks, mate!
1G-it's a stock Japan spec engine (for GA70). It's not a swap :) My car's RHD, imported from Japan a lot of years ago

DRIFTER WANNABE

DO WORK
Aug 15, 2008
southern oregon
Nice project just a reminder that drift cars are alot more about suspension than motor

a lot of stuff i have read will talk about high hp cars being bad to learn how to drift in you rely on power instead of momentum

You already knew that though looks like a good build the lightnin isnt so bad