Timing issues

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Today on the way to work i did a quick 1-2 pull and i felt a little bit of misfire at the higher rpm. After that the car startes bucking at cruising speed but smoothens out when i give it 20% throttle or more.
I reset the base timing last night because my cps had moved a little bit. After i had done that the timing was at 15* at idle. Now my car idles at 8* but when i lock the timing on the ecu it matches what the light shows on the crank.
I tried checking fuel pressure with vac line off and the car just dies even though its idling at 1300-1400, usually idled at 1000.
I'm texting back and forth with my tuner now but figured i would put this up here and see if anyone has any ideas.
I would think the problem would have to be mechanical as the tune can't just change itself.
Thoughts?

BTW: this is on a 7m running is300 coils and aem ems.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
Yup, I should have updated this thread though. Found my alternator isn't charging my batt. I'm pretty sure this is causing the timing issues. It's a new alt and batt tho so I have no idea what to look for. If you think you can help out check out my thread in the electrical section.
Thanks.