time for a new clutch?

tweak666

May 11, 2006
boca raton, FL
I was at a drift event yesterday, and coming off the line for my final run, the clutch just stopped grabbing. I made a feeble attempt to limp her home, as i drove i went from 45, to 40, to 35, and after a turn onto the nearest road with civilization, I could barely get to 15mph. so i shut her down and called a tow truck. I was told, and i have read on here, that the pedal adjustment could be the culprit. I'm assuming i need a new clutch disc. I'm going to try to get the car up on stands tomorrow and see what i can through the inspection plates. now for some questions:
if the pedal adjustment was ok, could the boost response have played a part in killing the clutch?

the soon to be defunct set-up was a trd clutch kit with pressure plate, is there another disc I can use with this pressure plate? hopefully in the coming months, I'll be going gt35r, so I'm figuring mid to high 400's for torque. should i just get a whole clutch kit?

is a 4 or 6 puck disc better than the full face for drifting? and material type? so far, i only use clutch kick and power-over to initiate. i've heard some people say organic discs are better, while others swear by feramic...