tien ss.. what swaybars?

mecevans

Supramania Contributor
Jan 18, 2009
M-bay, cali
i have been driving on tien SS for about 3 weeks now and i love em. only problem i have is the rear sways to much. the front feels fine, but i want to change out the rear for sure. what would best be suited for my setup?

Last edited:

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
If you have access to a press, a scale (ruler), a center punch, and a drill you can modify the stock rear swaybar to be ~14% stiffer than stock as I've discussed here: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1380256&postcount=196

If you only wanted to buy only the rear swaybar, I'd get a whiteline (50-80% stiffer).

If you wanted to buy a matched set, I'd get ST or Tanabe (both very close, Tanabe is lighter/more expensive/more rear-biased)

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
Um, did you see who that comment came from? Jeff is pretty much the guy to go to about suspension stuff. Personally, I take whatever he says as being fact and just do it.

Alec

SP Tuned
Apr 6, 2009
Illinois
ma71supraturbo;1411797 said:
If you have access to a press, a scale (ruler), a center punch, and a drill you can modify the stock rear swaybar to be ~14% stiffer than stock as I've discussed here: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1380256&postcount=196

If you only wanted to buy only the rear swaybar, I'd get a whiteline (50-80% stiffer).

If you wanted to buy a matched set, I'd get ST or Tanabe (both very close, Tanabe is lighter/more expensive/more rear-biased)
Why wouldn't you get front and rear Whiteline? Does the front one suck?

Wiisass

Supramania Contributor
Does the car understeer a lot or is it balanced?

Do you only want to change something because you feel like the rear is rolling too much?

How low is the car?

The spring rates don't look too bad. I mean they seem like a better split than some of the other cheap coilovers out there.

But I wouldn't change them just because you think the rear rolls too much. I mean if there's an understeer problem or something else happening, then I would look into things, but that's just me.