Theoretical question: Could this set up go lean at WOT?

Victor Charlie

Supramania Contributor
Aug 18, 2009
Ann Arbor
Is it possible for a modified 7M to go lean at WOT with 660cc injectors and Lexus AFM?
Assuming the largest plate intercooler that will fit in the car, hard pipes, 3 " exhaust without cat, professionally ported head, ported exhaust manifold, and rebuilt stock turbo at 18 psi or so, fuel pressure at 45psi, engine management stock ECU only.

For now just a hypothetical question, I'm not asking for troubleshooting advice on my specific setup at this point because I'm haven't done all the checks that I know how to do. I'm asking whether this set up could potentially generate enough airflow to exceed the maximum capacity of the injectors.

Last edited:

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Victor Charlie;1906678 said:
Is it possible for a modified 7M to go lean at WOT with 660cc injectors and Lexus AFM?
Assuming the largest plate intercooler that will fit in the car, hard pipes, 3 " exhaust without cat, professionally ported head, ported exhaust manifold, and rebuilt stock turbo at 18 psi or so, fuel pressure at 45psi, engine management stock ECU only.

For now just a hypothetical question, I'm not asking for troubleshooting advice on my specific setup at this point because I'm haven't done all the checks that I know how to do. I'm asking whether this set up could potentially generate enough airflow to exceed the maximum capacity of the injectors.

well with the stock turbo, even being a 60-1 at 18 psi would stay rich with lex afm and 550 injectors as long as you have the fuel system upgraded as well.

Victor Charlie

Supramania Contributor
Aug 18, 2009
Ann Arbor
IndigoMKII;1906817 said:
well with the stock turbo, even being a 60-1 at 18 psi would stay rich with lex afm and 550 injectors as long as you have the fuel system upgraded as well.

Thanks. That answers that.