The Ultimate Fat Car!

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
Keros: A few things that my OCD would like to point out from your post: you spelled Veyron wrong several times, the Aero TT has a 10-speaker audio/navigation system, and also...

IJ.;1581035 said:
Keros: My point exactly;)
(...)

... the fact that I know that now. My opinion changed when I watched the vids and read IJ's comment. I make mistakes and it's been handled, thank you.

Just details though, don't mind me... :)

kotu100;1580737 said:
i never knew the Veyron is that amazing.
Everything from the billet aluminum pistons, titanium connecting rods, double clutch system in the trans.

Bugatti Veyron: You'll say WOW every time!

Lul

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Supracentral;1580974 said:
Fixed that for you.

148707.bmp

I don't think the Veyron leaks fuel when it's standing still though ;)

Keros

Canadian Bacon
Mar 16, 2007
Calgary
A. Jay;1581058 said:
Keros: A few things that my OCD would like to point out from your post: you spelled Veyron wrong several times, the Aero TT has a 10-speaker audio/navigation system, and also...

mah spelin so gud, yah.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
I love that documentary. I have it saved on my computer. There are so many things about that car I find incredible. But I think I love the system and method to the way it's built more than the car itself. It's engineering perfection.

Hey Ian do you know if that 4 million loss is due to the cost of materials, or does it cover the cost of the R&D that went in to it as well. Because if it covers the cost of the R&D then it can be recouped with enough produced. But if it's that big of a loss on just materials alone then their screwed. Also has anybody heard production numbers?

A. Jay

Search.
Jun 3, 2009
Bay Area, CA
While trying to find production numbers (can't find any either) I came across two interesting bits of info; the engine has DOHC, but only two per bank for a total of four (got back to the vid that showed how the cylinders are aligned to see why that's interesting), and the car gets 8/13 city/hwy miles per US gallon.

Flateric

Mar 26, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
I'm really curious how they keep the brake fluid from boiling off since it is so close to such high temperatures when braking. 1900 F is seriously hot, I know there is an air brake. But the discs themselves making the heat they do, how the hell do you shield the fluid in any type of line from such an environment. I actually am surprised they are not making use of a magnetic type braking system for the high speed spectrum of the braking situations. It would be frictionless and not be prone to wear and such. Although it would of course add yet another subsystem to the vehicle and therefor weight.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Dirgle;1581104 said:
I love that documentary. I have it saved on my computer. There are so many things about that car I find incredible. But I think I love the system and method to the way it's built more than the car itself. It's engineering perfection.

Hey Ian do you know if that 4 million loss is due to the cost of materials, or does it cover the cost of the R&D that went in to it as well. Because if it covers the cost of the R&D then it can be recouped with enough produced. But if it's that big of a loss on just materials alone then their screwed. Also has anybody heard production numbers?
Pretty sure it covered R&D Dirgle, the car is a loss leader and as such they were never going to break even ever, I "think" they said max of 350 were going to be built but I'm not certain on this at all.