The difference between normal and high milage oils??

tmaxx31190

Got Insulin?
Nov 22, 2009
Walled Lake, MI
Whats the difference between high mileage synthetic oil and regular synthetic. I use Valvoline in my MKIII but i just dont know if it will hurt if i run the high mileage for one oil change interval. ( it was all i could find at the time). thanks guys

Kevin

7mgte -> 7mgte swap done.
Apr 20, 2009
Windsor Ontario Canada
tmaxx31190;1503898 said:
Whats the difference between high mileage synthetic oil and regular synthetic. I use Valvoline in my MKIII but i just dont know if it will hurt if i run the high mileage for one oil change interval. ( it was all i could find at the time). thanks guys

i believe the high mileage stuff is a blend of dino oil and synthetic.. but im no expert. correct me if im wrong lol

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
There isn't a thread of post in that section from you, either way, it's not an excuse to post in the wrong section.

Thread moved.

(I also cleared up the thread title)

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
jetjock;1504983 said:
Without getting too detailed high mileage oils generally have stouter add packs with a higher percentage of seal swell agents...

And bigger molecules. More 30's and less 5s', in simpleton terms according to a couple of oil pimps. The bigger molecule moves through the passage a little slower, and the bearing. And in doing such, elevates pressure slightly, as it is resisting flow.

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Lol, very true, though I was more refrencing JJ's joke and your reply. Still it's nice to see you still reply even if the post is a little old. I take it you're still sick and sitting at home has you board. I see you replying to a lot of posts right now.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
The 2JZ in the hardtop has 189,000+ on it and it's perfectly happy on 5w-30 non "high mileage" oil with an 8,000 mile change interval. All depends on how well it's been cared for.