the 87 isnt stock anymore

stock 87 turbo

whats broke now?
Sep 3, 2005
marshall,wis
:naughty: just got it running and driving last week.it sat for about 3 weeks because we coulnt figure out why it wouldnt start.the damn coil packs i bought were bad.put my old set on and it started right up.it started as a blown head gasket but while it was aparti spent the money while it was apart and did the following;block was decked ,cleaned and cylinders honed,new frost plugs,crank polished,new bearings,arp rod bolts were installed and fitted at the machine shop, new rings and gaskets,complete head job,toyota oil pump,greddy timing belt,lucas 550 injectors,aeromotive afpr with braided lines,new accordian hose,lex afm w/k&n n/a air filter,upper and lower hard pipes,spearco intercooler,automatic trans was cleaned and new filter installed and summit 24 inch tranny cooler installed in the grill- it was a tight fit. i used the stock turbo for now-( it was a bigger turbo or the spearco intercooler) summit dual oil filter relocation kit mounted underneath the drivers headlight with an oil thermostat.the oilcooler was mounted behind the foglight that we took out.it has a defcon type 3 inch down pipe going to nurspec exhaust.we also gave it some great suspension with tien,h&r lowering springs ,and koni shocks- man did that make a difference!.we also put in a safc II, and a couple other gauges- boost and air/fuel. it has a manual boost controller for now while it is being broke in. i will try to post some pics in the next few days:love: