testing safc

fenix

Jun 23, 2009
Las Vegas
Ok, here's the deal, a friend handed me his safc(2?) because it was broken. I pulled it apart and fixed a few solder points and I need a way to test it while its not on a car (i dont have the extension harness). All i need to do is see if it will turn on. Is there any way I can do that?

(i know the one ground has to be closer to the ecu than the other, so it's throwing me off to test it in my bedroom, so to speak)

89supracrazy

Oct 31, 2009
wise
I just bought the safc 1 off ebay and I tried the same thing you are talking about. I was wanting to make sure it worked before putting it on my car. I hooked a 12volt power supply I had laying around to the safc 1 and like you said nothing happened. I believe one of the other wires might have to be hooked up before it will work or mine is bad to. Here is a good website for mk3.

http://www.snapdrive.net/files/91304/Supra/HKS_SAFR_MKIII.pdf

fenix

Jun 23, 2009
Las Vegas
I'm not putting it on my car, bountykilla. I have an emanage blue. However, since it was given to me to fix, I want to do what I can for the guy.

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
When I test mine, or any somebody brings to me to install,
I just put the black & brown wires to my negative and the red to the positive. (12vdc of course).
I use a bench power supply, but a battery will do.
Just make damn sure no other wires are touching ANYTHING !