Testing new turbo

a_sesshoumaru

Suprita
Jan 7, 2007
El Salvador
Hi, i bought a OBX turbocharger i only boosted it like 6 times at 17 psi, it felt like a big kick in the butt then i had piston slap problems but i am getting the new ones this week, i want to know with the specs it came with what kind of turbo would it be in a Garrett series? like GTwhat? i know it is a TO4E compressor wheel, 67mm inducer, 84mm major, compressor housing 0.70a/r, the turbine is 64mm exducer and 73mm major 0.96a/r, i had full boost like at 4000rpm, what kind of power would this turbo be good at? Thanks

Edit: now that i know more of turbos i realize this turbo is 60mm inducer, so it is a 60-1, just be careful with the seller, it dont have a 67mm inducer, still very good quality

Last edited:

bigdaddygrip

Mar 5, 2008
Omaha
a_sesshoumaru;960431 said:
Hi, i bought a OBX turbocharger i only boosted it like 6 times at 17 psi, it felt like a big kick in the butt then i had piston slap problems but i am getting the new ones this week, i want to know with the specs it came with what kind of turbo would it be in a Garrett series? like GTwhat? i know it is a TO4E compressor wheel, 67mm inducer, 84mm major, compressor housing 0.70a/r, the turbine is 64mm exducer and 73mm major 0.96a/r, i had full boost like at 4000rpm, what kind of power would this turbo be good at? Thanks

I think is it more like a HKS t04s or to4r spec. I was wondering if it is a good quality turbo? Also what size injectors are you running with that set-up and What kind of horsepower are you making?

a_sesshoumaru

Suprita
Jan 7, 2007
El Salvador
i have been using it with a lot of abuse this past week, boosting 15 psi, i am running a map ecu wich is not fully tuned yet, my set up is like this:
Probe pistons
Eagle rods
new crankshaft
HKS 1.5mm Metal head gasket
ported and polished head
3 inches exhaust (no cat)
turbo header
obx turbo
obx wastegate (this got a little loose and let the gases scape but solved that already)
RC 550cc
Map ecu
plx wideband
2.5 intercooler hard pipes
apexi blow off
255lph walbro
and electric fans,
i am not sure what hp i am runnig, i plan to go to the dyno when i have the map ecu fully tuned, but it feels nice :naughty: just a lot of lag,
This is the first week abuse report, i will keep you posted how it works

bigdaddygrip

Mar 5, 2008
Omaha
when does the boost really kick in? When do you see about 10psi at what rpm? Glad to see you like it. I am purchasaing 67mm with .58 housing to see what it will do around 15 psi

a_sesshoumaru

Suprita
Jan 7, 2007
El Salvador
bigdaddygrip;985261 said:
when does the boost really kick in? When do you see about 10psi at what rpm? Glad to see you like it. I am purchasaing 67mm with .58 housing to see what it will do around 15 psi
it kicks in exactly at 4000rpm

a_sesshoumaru

Suprita
Jan 7, 2007
El Salvador
i already raced vs some sr20 neo vvl and other sr20de but they were nothing, i run vs a srt 4 boosting 20 psi and some mods and still beat him, i am still happy with this turbo.

a_sesshoumaru

Suprita
Jan 7, 2007
El Salvador
i got my map ecu tuned for 550cc injectors, 255lhp fuel pump and Paxton fuel pressure regulator, the maxed out at 20psi, i got an air fuel ratio of 12.1, beyond i hit fuel cut.

a_sesshoumaru

Suprita
Jan 7, 2007
El Salvador
car is my daily drive and i have heavy foot :icon_bigg , but there is not axial or radial play at all and it spins freely, still very very happy. (planing to boost to 26psi now, but i need better injectors and another fuel pump)

Last edited:

a_sesshoumaru

Suprita
Jan 7, 2007
El Salvador
i upgraded to a MP70, i used it for 8 months with no problems at all, the car is my daily drive, turbo worked pefect, i am very surprised with the quality of this turbo, i am selling it to a friend, it will keep working. Definitly A++++++++ , turbo was really a 60-1. I say dont be afraid to buy an OBX turbo, they are pefect for the buck. But biggest is still 60-1