Testing 62-1 turbo MKIII on a closed road

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
So the other day my upper intercooler hose came off, due to the increased flow with my ct26 62-1 turbo, and I installed a new big clamp. With a road trip ahead the next day I decided to put it to the test before driving it long and hard. My friend went with me and shot a little vid. Nothing special, but it was fun to do. never did something like this before as I normally babysit my supra...Enjoy.

[video=youtube;_r4IuLktI9M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r4IuLktI9M[/video]

Turbo Habanero

Apr 28, 2009
Tucson,AZ
Sounds really good under boost !

But i must say that the slow down shot of the hair for some reason or other reminded me of Chucky the killer toy doll.

Mikael_7m

Built 7M
Apr 26, 2009
Australia
1jz-Rolla;1856537 said:
What diameter is your exhaust man? Sounds like a lot of back-pressure in that system.

I second this. Otherwise, mine sounded similar when I hollowed my cat without putting a straight pipe through it. Since I installed the straight pipe the engine note came back.

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
1jz-Rolla;1856537 said:
What diameter is your exhaust man? Sounds like a lot of back-pressure in that system.

It's only 2.5". I have a 3" JBLMKIII elbow, and from thereon everthing is 2.5". I actually forgot to take my silencer out so i guess that's not helping also...

TrqMnstr;1856618 said:
It's got an LSD. And I got it rebuilt a few years ago. I too noticed that only one wheel is smoking, but maybe could it be due to the large amount of sand on one side of the road that one wheel slipped/skids a little?
I'll retest soon. It's an NA LSD, maybe I'll put my turbo LSD back on...

djshoester;1856625 said:
Boost sounds awesome. Great vid!
Where did you find this closed road?

Thanks man. The closed road is in my neighbourhood. It's an industrial area, and the roads are almost done but they haven't started the construction of the buildings yet.

thevork

ShoarmaTeam Member
Mikael_7m;1856792 said:
I second this. Otherwise, mine sounded similar when I hollowed my cat without putting a straight pipe through it. Since I installed the straight pipe the engine note came back.

Yup it's the silencer for the most part. But still I should get a 3" pipe instead of a 2.5" pipe.