TEMS to ECU signals - help needed

rfurgy

May 18, 2008
Franksville, WI
I'm looking for details about the three wires (L1, L2, L3) that run from the ECU to the TEMS computer. I know which three they are so I don't need to know that.

Rather, what I need is what those three wires do specifically. What kind of signals, what for, and which direction.

I'm attempting to keep my TEMS setup with an aftermarket ECU.

rfurgy

May 18, 2008
Franksville, WI
I take it no one knows.

Seems to be a 5v signal. Would just like verification from a working system that the 5v is on/off and what % of the gas pedal it changes.

Raven97990

Supramania Contributor
Jul 3, 2005
Georgia
www.speedforsale.com
They are outputs from the ecu for throttle position if memory serves me correctly, and I'm not sure it'd be worth dedicating 3 outputs of a standalone for it.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

rfurgy

May 18, 2008
Franksville, WI
According to the trouble shooting section in the repair manual it shows the signal should move between 5v and 0. This is kind of looking like a simple on/off switching 5v reference but I'm just trying to verify that and at what % of the pedal it changes.

Outputs from my ECU is not a problem. I could run a V12 with semi-sequential injection if I wanted to.

The point of it would be the keep the suspension control especially during hard launches which I'm sure the TEMS is using the TPS signal for. I could then control when those signals are switched there by giving me a tunable delay for traction purposes.

Thank you guys for taking a look.

MA61 XX GT

Oct 14, 2007
Perth, Western Australia
It's a 3 bit digital representation of throttle position, it tells the TEMS/Auto computer of throttle position. (The tems uses this to stiffen the shocks when you plant it)

In the factory ecu it's an open collector output that pulls to ground (with a 5V pullup)

TPS L1 L2 L3
0.5V 5V 5V 5V
0.85 5V 5V 0V
1.1V 5V 0V 0V
1.45V 5V 0V 5V
1.78V 0V 0V 5V
2.3V 0V 0V 0V
2.8V 0V 5V 0V
3.88V 0V 5V 5V

I used a PICAXE to generate these from the tps signal.

(Refer http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/AT10.pdf page 10 for throttle position in percentage)

rfurgy

May 18, 2008
Franksville, WI
That is so ridiculously AWESOME! Exactly what I've been searching for and couldn't find. This will prove to be extremely useful.

Thank you MA61 XX GT