Teal 92 7M Turbo Restoration

steppy452

Aug 1, 2013
Austin, TX
Well, I'm finally getting around to starting my restoration thread! :icon_razz

Meet Iris. I got her a couple months ago - flew out to Spokane, WA and drove her 3000 miles along the beautiful US-101 to US-40, dropping by the Grand Canyon before heading home to Austin, TX where she is now being restored. Here's some photos of her during and right after the drive:

Right outside of the Grand Canyon:
GCsupra.jpg

At the Cobb meet with my boyfriend's (Ice Blue) and his roommate's (Red) Supras:
3supraswide.jpg

3suprasfront.jpg

3suprasback.jpg

My boyfriend and I immediately started cleaning up the car and did both an interior and exterior detail of the car including repainting some of the trim and buffing out some light scratches. I also swapped out the stock bumper and sidelights to a smoked set.
trimbeforeafter.jpg

sidetrimbeforeafter.jpg

importsweethearts1.jpg

importsweethearts2.jpg

importsweethearts3.jpg

That's all for now.. Interior picture to come later on!

steppy452

Aug 1, 2013
Austin, TX
Thanks everyone! It was definitely worth the drive.. especially since it was a fun one anyways :)

ForcedTorque;1974234 said:
An invite to the 1992 owners group is coming your way. Was the previous owner a member here?

Yea, I think his username is just 'Justin'

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
steppy452;1974249 said:
Yea, I think his username is just 'Justin'

Very nice starting point! Justin is a member of the group. Invitation sent. There is not a lot of traffic in there, but it's a good way to keep track of the 92's that are still on the road. My guess is that there are only about 700 of them left

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
That is a nice ride man. I seen that car for sale a bit ago. He took really good care of it. Hope you take as good of care as he did! :)

FernandoDLT

Apr 13, 2007
Texas
Looking good Steph!
What did you do with the stock side markers? Are they for sale? We'll be in Austin next weekend for F1, I'm sure we'll see you guys there.

Fernando

steppy452

Aug 1, 2013
Austin, TX
Spanish Surprise;1974380 said:
Looking good Steph!
What did you do with the stock side markers? Are they for sale? We'll be in Austin next weekend for F1, I'm sure we'll see you guys there.

Fernando

Hey Fernando. Just keeping them around for now. Not for sale - I think I'm going to keep all the stock parts in the event that I sell the car in the future, it can still be fully stock. See you at F1 :)

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Sigh, i will get a teal supra 1 day.....1 day.
Nice ride and love the attention to details you're giving her

Supra28

Supramanian
Aug 17, 2006
Columbus, OH/Kansas
mcammarn;1974264 said:
That is a nice ride man. I seen that car for sale a bit ago. He took really good care of it. Hope you take as good of care as he did! :)

New owner is a SHE. Lol

To the OP, nice car. No issues with the car during the drive back to TX?

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
Supra28;1974984 said:
New owner is a SHE. Lol

To the OP, nice car. No issues with the car during the drive back to TX?

He was referring to the previous owner, which is a HE.

The car is looking wonderful Steph, I'm very thankful the car went to someone with such enthusiasm.