Taking my Supra to the drags tonight.

cadman

Computer Aided Drafting
Aug 10, 2006
Oregon
1988 Toyota Supra Turbo. Almost bone stock, just dual electric fans, and a drop-in K&N air filter. I have 18" wheels, Toyo Proxi-4. 245/40/18. I'm not going to heat up the tires, just get some street numbers. I'll drive around the water-box. I'm not going hard on the clutch, it's stock, but it's new as of 4000 miles ago. The Dyno I did a month ago proved the car was putting down stock numbers, 183HP and 230 torque to the pavement.

Portland International Raceway isn't the best drag strip, but it's alright. The mats they use for the start are hard to get grip on, Woodburn is actually a better strip. But like I said, this is a streetable number, that's what I'm going for.

I should have pics of time slips up either tonight, or earlier Saturday morning. My only concern is that my knock sensor's wires have been throwing the lovely code 52. If that happens, I probably won't get the 1/4 time I want. I'll be in the mid 16s.

Just wanted to share this, and I hope to share numbers with you guys after tonight. I might even have pictures of my car on the strip, if my wife is good enough with my camera. (She isn't the most electronicly inclined.)

Happy Friday everyone. :biglaugh:
Allen.

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
Good luck. Raise front tire pressure a little, and maybe lower backs if you have traction problems..............lol

cadman

Computer Aided Drafting
Aug 10, 2006
Oregon
suprahero said:
Good luck. Raise front tire pressure a little, and maybe lower backs if you have traction problems..............lol

yeah. LOL. I was thinking of putting the stock wheels and tires back on, lowering the preasure to about 12, and getting some traction, but um... naw. LOL. I'll run it like I run on the street.

cadman

Computer Aided Drafting
Aug 10, 2006
Oregon
Ah, something I forgot to mention. It has 3" catback exhaust. I still need to eliminate the pre-cat, I think it's plugged, or close to it. I didn't want to do a downpipe until I knew what type of turbo I'm getting.

I will post up the pics of the car, the numbers, and possibly a short video. We shall see.

cadman

Computer Aided Drafting
Aug 10, 2006
Oregon
I did not make it to the drags last night, my car's engine light kept coming on. Code 52. I'm taking it to the shop today and the mechanic has bought all the new wires and connectors if we need them.

After that, and if that fixes it, I'll run it tonight. Then I'll finally have some pictures and time slips.

Thank you.

89Turbo

Oct 22, 2005
Portland
hey man i saw you there, not bad at all for a pretty much stock supra, i think the best i saw you run was a 15.6?

cadman

Computer Aided Drafting
Aug 10, 2006
Oregon
89Turbo said:
hey man i saw you there, not bad at all for a pretty much stock supra, i think the best i saw you run was a 15.6?

Yep.
I included a picture of my time, I'm in Right Lane.
I'll also type it out, the picture is a little hard to see.

.148 R/T Sorry guys, I know it's bad, I haven't done the drags in 3 years.
60ft 2.264
1/8 10.003
mph 70.15
1/4 15.602
mph 87.73

I have a clogged pre-cat, and an exhaust leak because of bad exhaust gaskets. So, I'm hoping my installing new gaskets and a good down pipe will get me into the lower 15s. For now...

Oh, I was running code 52 at that time as well.

Attachments

• Picture 046.jpg
    Picture 046.jpg
    441.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Picture 022.jpg
    Picture 022.jpg
    458.2 KB · Views: 17

cadman

Computer Aided Drafting
Aug 10, 2006
Oregon
A couple more pictures. They are kind of blury because my wife was taking the pictures... and well, she gets excited and forgets to hold the camera still. You should have seen when she took video... we all got sick... I kid you not.

Anyway, enjoy!

Attachments

• Picture 031.jpg
    Picture 031.jpg
    437.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Picture 035.jpg
    Picture 035.jpg
    445.9 KB · Views: 16

cadman

Computer Aided Drafting
Aug 10, 2006
Oregon
Less than stock boost because of exhaust leaks and clogged down-pipe. And just a Catback 3" exhaust. And K&N drop in filter.

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
looks like ive been working to much and not playing like i should!

best ive ran at pir was 13.7 , i haven't been back since but i have a feeling i have a high 12 pass in the set up i have now.. my car is running 9 afr's when at full boost.