t61 trim size 43?? can it affect hp output?

str8_6

master yuepeng
Mar 14, 2007
wa
well after a dissapointing dyno run, 366 at 15psi, crower cams, t61.. i was confused as to why my dyno was so low. at first i thought it was my spark plug because a couple of the runs broke up real bad up top. i put new plugs in it and it fixed the breaking up part, drove like normal and pulled like normal (really good)

but on run 1 it barely broke apart and went pretty smooth all the way till redline. so if everything went well, then how come the power output is so low?

i measured my compressor and trim came out to be 43. i know it'll effect hp output, but by how much?

i thought most of the t61 were like 57 or 60 trim or is it all different?

my main concern is that i bought the turbo i wanted.

Last edited:

str8_6

master yuepeng
Mar 14, 2007
wa
ok, now i might be off by a few, but i'm sure it was pretty darn close to these measurements.

inducer- 3.589
exducer- 2.345

square both and divide ind by exd times 100 should result in trim...right?

i'm just hoping its something that simple. maybe i should just go to the track and compare trap speed with people.

Doward

Banned
Jan 11, 2006
Alachua, FL
Yes, you calculated the trim correctly - but the trim size really means nothing.

That said, that's weird that you have a 59.5mm inducer, and 91.1mm exducer. I don't know how much variation the spec sheets have, but the T61 is a 61mm inducer, 91mm exducer. You sure you have a T61, and not a Holset?